Not using turn signal = multiple probings of anus and vagina by police

[Read the post]

2 Likes

So how much can New Castle afford to pay out? Hope it’s enough to shut down the police department for being stupid!

Edit:

And what about the ‘medical professionals’? Did they not see how wrong this was or were they scared of the cop?

16 Likes

It’s not the New Castle, Penn. that I knew as a kid, sadly.

2 Likes

Well, at least it’s better than being jailed and killed by hanging in your cell.

Yay progress?

15 Likes

WTFF?? Why do they always go with doubling and tripling down on the stupid when it is obvious they done fucked up and have nothing to go on?

10 Likes

I’m surprised the hospital didn’t try to bill her “for services rendered” as I recall hospitals have tried to bill victims of police-ordered sexual assault by medical professionals before.

[insert outrage here]

See you when this happens again.

::sigh::

10 Likes

Why shouldn’t they? They know there’s no more repercussions than for the initial fuck-up (i.e. none), and they might, just might find something that would, at least in their minds, retroactively justify everything they did. How often do events like this get reported, how often do the reported events result in actual disciplinary action against the cops, and how often do we not hear about this? Given how relaxed the cops are when doing cavity searches, I’d say they do it far more routinely than we hear about. The cops just pick the people least likely to make a fuss (because they know how little justice they’d likely get).

11 Likes

I feel like any cop who does a cavity search, or orders a medical professional to do one, and is later found not to have had valid probable cause, should have to report to a hospital for a cavity search before they’re allowed on patrol again.

Because if it’s not a serious invasion, then they should have no objection to undergoing one themselves a few times a year, right?

16 Likes

I’m seriously starting to run out of memes to express the full extent of my perplexity and dismay…

2 Likes

Oh, the lawsuit that will come.
Oh, the lawsuit.
I hope she hires the biggest meanest don’t-fuck-with-me lawyer in the history of the world and takes both the police and the hospital to town. Give them a good solid probing of their bank accounts.

20 Likes

It’s sad: the only thing about this story that surprises me is that Ms. Carbone has an Italian name and so is (maybe) white.

2 Likes

Minor correction…

27 Likes

They make Psychiatrists get psychoanalyzed before they can get certified, but they don’t make surgeons get cut on. That seem right to you?

4 Likes

The last person* this happened to got a $1.6 million settlement.

That time there was a big outcry over the “medical professionals” at Gila Regional Medical Center violating their oaths by performing multiple invasive searches against the will of the person (and billing him!). I don’t recall if anything happened to those “doctors.” Hopefully something happens this time.

Edit: Found out, the suit against the hospital was dismissed, even though a prior hospital had turned the police away because they were asking for unethical actions. We should remember the names of Gila Regional Medical Center and Jameson Hospital in New Castle (and the doctor involved as despicable places and people.

*the last one that made these kinds of blog posts — I’m sure there have been others

11 Likes

[insert “why not both .gif” here]

4 Likes

Well hey, they didn’t shoot her. Progress!

2 Likes

See, I think that’s the ideal - but requiring them to be subject to the same treatment they doled out has the virtue of allowing one to strenuously agree with the cops own argument that it’s not a big deal.

It also doesn’t require breaking through the nearly impossible task of ever getting a cop prosecuted.

It also doesn’t require putting the victim through re-victimization by cross-examination.

1 Like

As much as it pisses me off when people don’t use their indicators, this seems a tad excessive.

12 Likes

I just have a vision of this increasingly distressed cop - he’s got her in the hospital, doing more and more outrageous shit to justify his fuck-up and every now and then he goes out in the hallway and screams "WHY, WHY DIDN’T i JUST SHOOT HER!!"
His chief is calling him every 20 minutes, asking “found anything yet? Do you think the nurse’s will let you shoot her? Why not - you know maybe it wouldn’t hurt to ask”

9 Likes

It does anger me when people don’t indicate, but isn’t there already a penalty defined in the legislation for this?

Oh, right! I get it. In Pennsylvania, that penalty is a full genital cavity search.