Noted antisemite loses millions failing to renovate beachfront home

That’s assuming he finds a buyer at that list price.

4 Likes

Not really. From what I’ve read, Ye bought a house designed by Tadao Ando and ripped out the original interior designed by Tadao Ando because he didn’t like it. Now the house is a gutted shell exposed to the elements, and after losing its architectural integrity it will in due course lose its structural integrity too.

3 Likes

Although, if the walls, ceiling and floor are concrete the house won’t be too problematic mold-wise. Typically the big health problems with mold involve hollow walls with modern drywall, or top floor to lower ceiling enclosing a plumbing leak, or roof leaks finding their way to drywall or plaster. Other culprits: poorly insulated window and door frames, and inadequate shielding from wind-driven rain or (maybe in this locale) wind-driven moisture.

I used to test beachfront homes in Malibu for toxic mold.

6 Likes

Fair points.
But I’ve also seen concrete houses in other oceanside areas where the rebar just rusts through due to salt water/vapor intrusion and ceilings collapse.
Not saying that will happen here, but not saying it won’t.

6 Likes

… it looks like a parking structure but with no way for vehicles to get in or out :confused:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.