Fashion house Balenciaga dumps Kanye West after his many antisemitic remarks

Originally published at: Fashion house Balenciaga dumps Kanye West after his many antisemitic remarks | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Took long enough.

All the other shitty antisocial behavior just wasn’t enough, I guess.

25 Likes

They had to double check that all the swastika-pattern fabric someone recalled seeing in the warehouse years ago was actually destroyed.

11 Likes

Oh no, another garbage human bumps their head on f@ck around & find out.

8 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

9 Likes

My schadenfreude is no longer shameful.

6 Likes

It should be noted that this is a fashion house that has a long and problematic association with fascism so it takes an effort to be “too antisemitic” for the brand to tolerate.

18 Likes

Hey, ye:
useless Homer

15 Likes

Well there goes all the clothes for the “Yecosystem”.

9 Likes

…and we can dump all the other moronic christofascist bigots there, ahem right on his doorstep.

7 Likes

Self-forgiveness is a big step toward mental health.

5 Likes

Seems to be behind some kind of paywall.

I think the most famous example is Hugo Boss’ history with the Nazis.

Yikes.

4 Likes

One of Balenciaga’s distinctions is that the fashion house was one of a select few that were able to stay in operation and even continue importing rare materials from Spain during the Nazi occupation of Paris because Cristóbal Balenciaga was a close associate of Hitler ally General Francisco Franco (even personally designed dresses for the General’s wife).

The world of high fashion is filled with stories of villainy. And that’s not even getting into all the stuff like sweatshops and slave labor and dalmation-kidnapping divas.

9 Likes

Wait…He want’s to make Mr. Ye’s Greater Hong Kong? These people never realize that their dreams are (already well documented) dystopias…

ETA: “West’s team has registered a website domain for the name, complete with a mail server.” Wow! Complete with a mail server! So he spent $12 registering a domain name! This is as impressive as most of the moves I hear coming out of him these days…

4 Likes

It’s my understanding that Kanye West already has a net worth of 2 billion dollars. At this point I doubt if he cares if all the companies he’s associated with dump him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.