Noted neologist Marjorie Taylor Greene ready to deport her colleague

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/01/noted-neologist-marjorie-taylor-greene-ready-to-deport-her-colleague.html

4 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

18 Likes

Well, this is strange…I’m searching for Greene’s scathing public condemnation of Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort, but I’m coming up dry.

Unlike Omar, they actually DID the thing she’s so worked up about. So I KNOW she must have said something since this is clearly an issue that’s important to her, right?

18 Likes

It must be so fucking exhausting to have to deal with MTG’s bullshit firsthand. You’d need to develop a robust filter that allowed you to just ignore her completely to keep your sanity.

17 Likes

Or Trump soliciting bribes from foreign countries. “Saudi Arabia pays cash”

13 Likes

I knew as soon as I saw that video with the helpful and unsourced “translation” we’d be hearing about her.

2 Likes

asshole

5 Likes

So does she mean she wish she had the votes to repeal the 14th Amendment? Because although I’m not a constitutional scholar, I’m pretty sure it prevents American citizens–including naturalized citizens–from randomly being deported.

4 Likes

Yeah, my first response to this story was to verify my understanding that Omar is a U.S. citizen - as per Wikipedia:

Omar became a U.S. citizen in 2000 when she was 17 years old.

Of course, that’s the whole point, right? MTG either doesn’t know or doesn’t care about Omar’s citizenship status. MTG’s calculus is: brown + Muslim = deportable.

We don’t exactly need any more indications of MTG’s apparent and continued affiliation with white nationalism, but we can just add this one to the pile.

6 Likes

“…Georgia’s spork tongued Congressperson has honed in like a…”

Heh. I see you’re slyly suggesting she’s too dumb to say “homed in” or to place the needed hyphen between “spork” and “tongued”. She’s definitely not Boing Boing writer material!

1 Like

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.