Nothing wrong with duct-taped contraption stopped by cops on motorway

I have a similar trike myself (but human-powered only, no electric motor). I also tend to prefer back roads and bike trails, and when I do have to use city streets, my head is on a swivel.

I also have a recumbent bike as well, and that’s higher enough off the ground and narrower enough that I’m more willing to mix it up in traffic on it (not to mention it’s a bit faster and, by heart rate, requires less effort). If I’m coming up to an intersection and there’s any doubt about the driver seeing me, I’ll take the lane.

What @G_r_ld_z_n_r and @GoatCheezInfrno said - concerning eyeline, a useful comparison is a sports car.

I, too, used to ride a similar model (albeit entirely human-powered), but have since switched to two-wheeled recumbent. Both an extremely fun ride. As aptly put by Mike Burrows: It’s cycling, but not as you know it…

2 Likes

One thing I really love about these is that they really do give you a different perspective. I commuted for years and years along the same route by car, but when I first started biking, I started to notice all the unpaved roads and paths, cool backyards, treehouses, glacial erratics and vernal ponds I never noticed when driving.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.