NRA ads says Americans need guns to shoot "the Resistance"

Unless the NFJA (National Fighter Jet Association), the NAHA (National Attack Helicopter Association), etc. start pushing now, no True Patriot™ will actually be prepared.

15 Likes

I can see why the NRA is changing its message.

6 Likes

That ad still had an oblique reference to the “Obama’s trying to take your guns away” song and dance though. :roll_eyes: So the message hasnt entirely changed.

8 Likes

Civil war is definitely good for the weapons biz, yes.

5 Likes

Under any other leadership, I feel the NRA should be classified as a terrorist organization.

They know that Trump won’t censure them, so they’re not censoring themselves.

26 Likes

You can not stay ahead of scared little people’s preconceived notions of you. It is the errand of a fool to even try. Just don’t be violent towards people, and it becomes pretty obvious who Chicken Little with the AK is.

12 Likes

This is outreach to the single issue voter who might be wavering because of the Senate healthcare plan. Timing is no coincidence.

22 Likes

If “the media” reports that Comey gave such-and-such testimony today, is it a lie to actually report his testimony? If the media reports on something Trump said that contradicts what he said two days earlier (and they show clips of both as proof) is that a lie? Nope.

How about if you report on a conspiracy that can’t be confirmed, or if you bring on guests with false credentials who talk about hypothetical situations as if they are real? How about if you completely ignore news stories not beneficial to your political side?

If the NRA wants to complain about “their media lies” perhaps they should give us a definition of “lie” first.

7 Likes

Well, if there was any group that could show us how we can be militant and act like snowflakes at the same time…

17 Likes

Serenity now…

15 Likes

That’s one of those gifs that confused me-- as if someone was unfamiliar with xylophones. Then I saw the original source.

2 Likes

2008-2016: We need guns to protect the citizenry from the black guy in the White House!
2017: “We need guns to protect the white guy in the White House from the black citizenry!”

58 Likes

AV Club has more context, with an embedded response video from Dana Loesch of the original ad, who mocks anyone who dislikes this ad with a lisp and tells them to go back to their “tupperware-fresh safe spaces”, oh, and that people should totally get more guns to defend themselves against liberals.

12 Likes

Y’all Queda.

30 Likes

Thanks for the tip, we’ll all start practicing our submissive positions to make sure the we aren’t perceived as a threat. You’re right, the bees are more scared of us than we are of them…

Although, to be fair, if anyone is paying attention to the messages/posturing of the Trump crowd and the #resist crowd, and is having trouble figuring out which group is more apt to burn the world, they probably are only capable of operating based on non-verbal cues…

12 Likes

Holy shit. That is a deeply irresponsible ad. Completely otherizes liberals (Implied), not to mention the media. Basically, it’s OK to shoot them. Insane.

15 Likes

Prevenge fantasies. Oh boy oh boy.

19 Likes

“We are The Americans. We took this country away from those people and we’ll take it away from those other people. We are the NRA.”

That’s all I see here.

16 Likes

You gotta get yourself some guns, to guard against the libruls. I hear they got guns.

6 Likes

Where did this ad run?

1 Like