NRA ads says Americans need guns to shoot "the Resistance"

Do you mean dog-eat-dog?

5 Likes

Sure. They talk a good game. They tell us how anti-gun control they are.

But I found some old papers of theirs, that they wrote way back in their college days, before they learned to hide their true leanings. They probably never thought these would see the light of day again, but there they are. It’s pretty obvious that these are the NRA’s true, secret beliefs.

20 Likes

People probably don’t feel the need to stock up if they don’t think there are going to be new restrictions on tools for killing things.

4 Likes

wood eye!

4 Likes

Ads, plural. Not sure where. I can’t imagine there a correct place for such violent rhetoric from the folks who are supposed to be experts at teaching GUN SAFETY.

5 Likes

I couldn’t watch more than 30 seconds of that nonsense; all I could see was an ugly, contemptuous sneer and all I could hear was “they” and “them.”

Additionally, I think the NRA may have miscalculated by using a quasi-ethnic looking woman to deliver their ‘message’; as that’s not their typical target ‘demographic.’

23 Likes

I can’t see this where I am - but - if as suggested they’re advocating violence - they should have they’re non profit status revoked at the very least.

13 Likes

Only if, after reading it, they STILL didn’t get the point.

:wink:

1 Like

If there was any lingering doubt about which people the NRA wants to have gun rights it died when they declined to immediately and forcefully protest the murder of Philando Castile.

37 Likes

After years and years of fearmongering, leading up to a close possibility that Hilary Clinton could become president, who the NRA cautioned anyone who would listen that she would take away their guns…the NRA is probably facing a steep decline in sales after everyone who wanted a gun bought one before the election. Now with their customer base completely satisfied with their armories and perhaps very low on “rainy day funds,” they need to inspire more sales…

8 Likes

Ah that makes better sense. Gun sales ALWAYS plummet when a Republican is in the White House, and having them run Congress doesn’t help. With Ds in charge, the NRA uses the old bogeyman of the gubmint taking away your guns, so they had to find a new one. If they were smart, they’d funnel a ton of money secretly to getting anti-gun candidates either elected, or in very near losses, and just keep that train going.

Or maybe design a fake religion that involves buying lots of guns, then either getting a lot of celebrities to sign up, or finding a way to make said religion get “banned”.

10 Likes

I hope so. I do think it’s funny that everything these “people” follow lost big time.

Don’t be silly! Guns are only for “REAL MURICANS!!!” like this GIF shows.

But this is different cause it’s about Jesus and Murica and Freedom!!

Yeah having 50 or so guns kind of pales next to a drone carrying a missile or a bomber doing a carpet bombing run.

Well when you are the marketing arm of the gun companies, it’s worth it.

good luck on that search.

sympathy nil for the industry

exactly

sounds like she was triggered. hope she has a safe space…

stupid snowflake…

and when it does happen, the NRA will be as silent as a graveyard or at least say “Well, we didn’t say people should do that!”

pretty much.

6 Likes

They have. It’s called the NRA. They’re working very very hard. Currently they’re just a well armed cult with thousands of compounds around the country manned by true believers with impressive arsenals - but they’re well on their way to exactly what you suggest there.

I don’t mind guns. I cannot imagine how owing more than 2 of them is constitutional.

“Well Regulated”, not “Well, regulated?”

12 Likes

Doesn’t help. I’ve been looking for years. :frowning:

5 Likes

There is nothing in this video about the 2nd Amendment or gun rights.

It is 100% a political ad supporting one side and demonizing another.

If the huge boom of guns and ammo purchasing after Obama by conservatives were replicated under Trump by liberals, would the NRA be making a video demonizing Trump?

22 Likes

You’re not the only one.

Which bothers me deeply.

3 Likes

Someone has to fight Sharia totalitarianism so we’re safe for Biblical totalitarianism!

16 Likes

It can no longer be said that the NRA remains silent after the Philando Castile verdict. This is in direct response to that, it seems to me. Its not even the opposite response from what I would hope for, its the square root of negative one version on that math.

17 Likes
31 Likes

The more-radical-than-the-NRA Gun Owners of America leader said a few years ago that angry liberals are the only people who he thinks shouldn’t own guns.

5 Likes