Nuisance streamer Johnny Somali arrested in Israel for sexually harassing woman police officer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/09/nuisance-streamer-johnny-somali-arrested-in-israel-for-sexually-harassing-woman-police-officer.html

6 Likes

I guess he wasn’t tried and convicted in Japan then? What a shame.

12 Likes

He was convicted and fined.

17 Likes

Ah, ok. Well, too bad they didn’t throw the book at him.
And that wiki article implies they let him off the hook in Israel too.

4 Likes

Is “nuisance streamer” just a euphemism for “public asshole”?

25 Likes

Why has he not been deplatformed? The death threats in Japan weren’t enough?

7 Likes

Huh, so he’s professionally an “ugly American,” going around to different countries in order to be an asshole. What a (sad) life. Also, it’s not sustainable, obviously, but it seems like he’s counting on police/public responses being less deadly than they would be in the US, which may statistically be true, but…

10 Likes

Christ, what a nuisance streamer.

12 Likes

I get posting about horrible trollies that are public officials, candidates, or billionaire CEOs because their horridness needs to be fought back against as long as they’re in a position of power. But why ever post about somebody like this? It increases their exposure

season 7 episode 6 GIF

5 Likes

What he really needs is 30 days inside before deportation, rather than a fine and deportation.

8 Likes

It’s because the platform he streams on (Kick) doesn’t rely on outside sources of income so no advertisers to keep happy.

2 Likes

From Wikipedia: ‘After his release 16 minutes later, Ismael went live again on the same day and claimed to have witnessed a mass shooting at a restaurant.’

Come on Israel, throw the book at him. And America - there must be a way to remove someone’s passport so they can’t annoy the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Wow. It feels like there should be more gauges on behavior than that limitation. Another day, another dance step towards dystopia.

2 Likes

Oh no! Anyway… I hope he has a nice time in Israeli jail. Maybe it’ll knock some sense into him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.