Nuisance streamer Johnny Somali officially charged with a crime in Japan

Originally published at: Nuisance streamer Johnny Somali officially charged with a crime in Japan | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Time for this “influencer” to Find Out.

18 Likes

Disruption of business is a crime in Japan specifically because it was a favorite tool of the Yakuza as part of their extortion racket.

When the law was passed, who could have imagined that it would also be used to combat the online clout racket?

25 Likes

Interesting connection considering some alleged Yakuza already confronted this guy once about his antics.

12 Likes

The fact that we live in a world where you can make a living by being a complete sack of shit should trigger some deep introspection. Unfortunately the people who make this true are not blessed with vibrant inner lives.

14 Likes

I can’t imagine much worse than going on trial in a foreign country.

But I’m not going to be the one on trial so I can enjoy it

9 Likes

is my understanding correct that prosecutors in japan will only bring forward cases they will win? is that guy fucked?

6 Likes

The dude did film himself committing the crime and posted it on the internet.

12 Likes

I hear the “culture” of Japanese prisons is such that they “encourage the cultivation of introspection” by all means possible.

3 Likes

The charges are abundantly deserved; but the prospect of having him back after he gets deported is not a pleasant one.

4 Likes

I imagine many of his cellmates will be members of the subgroup whose tactics he subverted for his own use. He may be on the brink of finding out more.

4 Likes

It’s about time they caught this nuisance.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.