Two pranksters ain't laughing after dipping their chopsticks where they didn't belong

Originally published at: Two pranksters ain't laughing after dipping their chopsticks where they didn't belong | Boing Boing

3 Likes

So “chopsticks” isn’t a euphemism? I thought this was going to be a penis wasabi interaction.

14 Likes

You only do that once. Or so I’m told.

12 Likes

Sadly? I may just have gotten too old, but public health risks have never been funny. And the last 3 years have made that an absolute, hard and fast rule: not funny at all. So yeah, go learn how not-funny it is in front of a judge.

Now get off my wasabi-colored lawn.

34 Likes

Furthermore, this wasn’t just youthful indiscretion - these jackasses were in their thirties, doing it for YouTube clicks. Throw the book at 'em.

25 Likes

FAFO. The more these “prankster” jackasses receive suitable consequences, the better. The whole thing is a scourge on humanity.

13 Likes

If they really wanted to make people laugh, they should have done something original, rather than sushi terrorism.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/business-food/japan-sushi-restaurants-prank-arrests-intl-hnk/index.html

Besides Kura Sushi, two other kaiten chains — Sushiro, owned by Food & Life Companies, and Hamazushi — previously told CNN they had suffered similar disruptions. Each had filed a police report.

Japan has been dealing with this phenomenon as far back as 2013. But the most recent spate of “sushitero” coincided with a rise in Covid-19 infections, which has made people more hygiene conscious.

10 Likes

So kinda like America where people are rolling up into Walmarts and licking ice cream and putting it back. Hey let’s pile on the euphemism in the headline and just say their pranks are just like ours, only smaller…
Great job internets!

3 Likes

In addition to the other charges, there should be a separate offense related to “this is why we can’t have nice things”.

11 Likes

Less severe than that, but I’m reminded of the trick a friend of mine played, involving the tube of “Japanese toothpaste” he brought back with him, on another friend. I wouldn’t have believed it, had it involved anyone but those 2 friends.

5 Likes

What euphemism? It literally involved chopsticks…

:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

perhaps someone thinks that “dipping chopsticks where they don’t belong” means butt stuff?

2 Likes

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

Also…

tv show butt stuff GIF

6 Likes

The U.S. for-profit prisons are like, “Wait, what if WE imprisoned every American who’s ever done something disgusting at a buffet restaurant?”

(Entire board starts making Homer-esque drooling noises.)

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with Japanese dining - What’s the socially accepted way of removing food from the communal bowl?

2 Likes

Tongs or a serving spoon. Don’t stick the tongs or serving spoon in your mouth.

8 Likes

I expect the tongs sticking out of the bowl are the clue

9 Likes

Judge should hit ‘em where it really hurts: they have to delete all of their YouTube (or similar) accounts and are prohibited from posting media of any kind for the duration of their probation.

7 Likes

In addition to the tongs that have been mentioned above, there are usually separate sets of chopsticks for transferring food from communal dishes to personal plates. If there are not, the polite thing to do is to reverse your chopsticks when taking from communal plates so that the part touching your mouth does not touch communal food.

9 Likes

“I’ll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.” ― Mae West

3 Likes