Three arrested for sushi terrorism

Originally published at: Three arrested for sushi terrorism | Boing Boing

10 Likes

some restaurants to consider moving away from the conveyor belt model

nooOoo. well, there are indications that the Japanese may revive the automat. just need to ‘up’ the retina/tongue scan security on the little door.

12 Likes

New band name - Sushi Terrorism™

12 Likes

Chris Redd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

As someone who held a “food sanitation” certificate in Chicago, this was all kinds of wrong, and not funny.

22 Likes

Kura Sushi is cheap and fun. It would be a total shame if these three turds (and others like them) ruined it for the rest of us.

13 Likes

Maybe they just misunderstood the meaning of “viral” video.

7 Likes

Correct. If there’s more protection for the individual plates, like say…a protective dome? That’s fine, and shields the food from even more airborne vectors. :man_shrugging:

ETA: For the folks who don’t get me, this is why we wrap sandwiches at the deli counter.

9 Likes

Chris Broad did a sponsored video with Sushiro as a result of these pranks and the effect they’ve had on customer confidence. Apparently a few other Japanese YouTubers have done similar videos.

6 Likes

The actual crime is comparatively low tier; but I’m having a hard time thinking of a class of defendants with a less favorable unlikability/severity ratio.

3 Likes

I’m sure I’ve seen this at some kaitenzushi restaurants; but clearly it’s not been adopted by all — or even enough? — places yet.

1 Like

Yep.
There are all sorts of regrettable reasons people are driven to crime, but “viral video creation,” is probably the least sympathetic!

3 Likes

Wow, that first one…salmon basil mozzarella. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

firefly sheperd GIF

4 Likes

Violating public trust strikes me as a very big deal in Japan. Carlos Ghosn comes to mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.