Two pranksters ain't laughing after dipping their chopsticks where they didn't belong

This is good to know. What about bite-sized pieces like sushi rolls? Should my fav sushi restaurant be giving us an extra set of chopsticks? It’s possible to grab a piece without touching the rest.
It rarely matters. I’m usually sharing with my spouse. If I suddenly started caring about his germs when he isn’t actively sick, I would be in trouble

Jail time seems excessive. Unless they were doing it to multiple places. A stiff fine, public apology (including on their social media channels), removal of the videos.

I wonder if it is generally known this is illegal and a jailable offense?

5 Likes

5 Likes

isn’t that the definition of “cruel and unusual punishment” ?

They absolutely should upon request.

There is actually a reason why the penalties are so harsh here. This is exactly the kind of thing that the yakuza would do to intimidate a business as part of an extortion scheme. The yakuza are very good at doing things that are annoying and intimidating without actually hurting anyone or breaking anything, so the laws on “disrupting the conduct of business” were updated to stop the yakuza from doing that. In cases like these, normal people are getting caught up with laws intended to be used against yakuza.

5 Likes

Ohh. :bulb: Now the laws make a lot more sense. Thank you for explaining

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.