Nukes and Nuke Accessories

6 Likes

hayao miyazaki GIF by Princess Mononoke

:thinking:

6 Likes

I think the cartoon’s plot applies well to this case. Animals poisoned by humans cause a lot of suffering.

4 Likes

If I had a pet radioactive pig I’d name it Niels Boar.

15 Likes

8 Likes

What happens if it gets particularly large?

2 Likes

You mean so that quantum mechanics stops being necessary and you can use classical mechanics instead? I guess you could call it Pig Newton.

4 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes

I was a teenager and I remember this case well. The accident, contamination and deaths shocked the country. Three things impressed me at the time: The victims who were buried in lead coffins, the decontamination work in the affected areas, which saw houses demolished and a large part of the soil removed, and the authorities’ total disregard for the state of the radioactive material abandoned in the clinic.

All cesium-contaminated material, more than 6.000 tons of rqdioactive debris, is still stored in Goiás and simply cannot be discarded. People who live around the site are worried.

Those responsible for the clinic, who acted negligently by abandoning the cesium 137 capsule in the ruins of their bankrupt clinic, were convicted, but received a presidential pardon in 1998.

As the clinic was bankrupt and still owed money to several creditors, the courts did not allow anything to be removed from the premises. But, apparently, the radiological equipment had been transferred to another hospital and for some reason they ended up returning to the abandoned building, where they were stolen by men looking for scrap metal to sell in a scrapyard.

8 Likes

This event was probably the inspiration for this:

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

It’s a MAD world after all.

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes