Nukes and Nuke Accessories

You know, I’m usually fine with fluoride in my toothpaste.

6 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

5 Likes

Well, how else are you going to find out you’re in a choir? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
5 Likes

You sure it’s not gonna be death by kaiju? :thinking: But I guess if we’re talking corrosive properties…

1 Like

Wes Anderson Nom GIF by Searchlight Pictures

4 Likes
5 Likes

Two little corrections for stuff HuffPost got wrong-ish:

The German government isn’t involved in Urenco, other than via its regulatory body, the Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz keeping an eye on things. Shares in Urenco are held by two major German utilities, E.ON and RWE. Both are publicly traded companies. Who used to run a couple of nuclear power stations in Germany.

Urenco enriches U235 up to 19.75 %. Because 20 % and over means “weapons grade”. Which is a different ball game, regulations wise and whatnot.

Additional info: Urenco is also part of the U-Battery consortium.

7 Likes

I did some work in pulp and paper mills, and I had a chemical engineering colleague who had a similar experience to yours in a hydrazine plant. On a summer job, they had a safety induction that included what to do if there was a site evacuation due to a leak. “If someone behind you falls down, that’s where the gas is. You can’t help them. Keep moving.” He thought to himself “Maybe I’ll give pulp and paper a try.” :grimacing:

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I wouldn’t keep one in the basement!

3 Likes

At least it couldn’t accidentally roll down the stairs.

5 Likes

Which was the subject of a half baked comedy a year later
The Day the Fish Came Out

1 Like
5 Likes
6 Likes

Made into a movie starring Paul Rudd

1 Like
3 Likes

US Navy selects Commercial Dismantlement plan to dismantle and dispose USS Enterprise (CVN-65), the world’s first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier

4 Likes
4 Likes