Nukes and Nuke Accessories

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

You know, a couple of weeks ago I learned that one of my current colleagues worked on the plans for block 3. Structural design, drawings and so on. I think he did the cooling ponds and supports for gantry cranes and whatnot. Nice guy, good engineer, currently at home with covid since Monday last week. Always a bit sloppy with the masking and the social distancing.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

"Two sources familiar with the situation said Boeing […] and the Air Force were unable to come to an agreement on data rights […] "
Huh? The Air Force didn’t like the idea of sensitive, mission critical data ending up on a clumsily set up AWS bucket in a bit barn outside of the US, or being sold to Comac, or something?

" […] and contract terms, with the U.S. planemaker refusing to sign onto any fixed-price agreement that locks it into paying costs above an agreed limit."
Ah! There it is!

7 Likes

Japan’s joint fusion reactor project with the European Union (EU), the JT-60SA, was inaugurated in Naka, Japan on Friday, marking the start of experimental operations for the world’s biggest and most advanced tokamak.

[…]

4 Likes
2 Likes

Cost Plus Baby or go home! The sweet milk of government contract teats.

It’s what’s for breakfast in most Southern States of 'murica.

1 Like

The government of the United Kingdom has issued a strongly worded denial of a report that the Sellafield nuclear complex has been compromised by malware for years.

[…]

All is well. Please remain calm.

1 Like

Daniel Day Lewis GIF

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I guess if “they” want business-as-usual within the capitalistic system and keeping that very system itself without destroying the biosphere, that seems the logic conclusion. or its just delaying the otherwise necessary decarbonising and stopping massive overconsumption. something of both?

1 Like

Or we can just go all in on building wind and solar - things we know will work before the no return point… Rather than something that even in the rosiest scenario; won’t even be available to build out till afterwards.

3 Likes
2 Likes

High-temperature & gas-cooled?
Sounds familiar:

4 Likes
4 Likes