NurturePod: the future of parenting

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/09/nurturepod-the-future-of-pare.html

2 Likes

“We thought the machines would revolt. We were wrong. They turned us against ourselves. We used them to raise our children; take care of our elderly. Before you knew it, they had a whole army of humans who loved the machines - the only things who showed them love back. Once that devotion was locked into place, it was only matter of time before flipping the switch.”

6 Likes

No auto diaper changer? What are we in the stone ages?

4 Likes

NARG. I was expecting a podcast with nurturing tips (aka parenting lifehacks), but apparently, the cake is a lie.

1 Like

Seriously, it shouldn’t be this hard to find a Venture Bros. image of their sleep pods!

3 Likes

That’s a plugin.

I’ll see myself out

9 Likes

Anybody remember that old Star Trek ep where a human baby was raised by a technologically adept telepathic race with no concept of human interaction, and how years later that child was ‘rescued’ by the Enterprise crew?

Remember how “well” that worked out?

3 Likes

Brave New World, here we come!

2 Likes

We’re now supposed to consider a capital “T” to be a holy symbol, so why not.

1 Like

To be fair, if he DIDN’T have telepathic powers that allowed him to kill at his whim, he wouldn’t be much worse than some people at work… :wink:

7 Likes

Not just telepathic powers, now that I think about it; he also had the power to manipulate matter, like the girl whose face he made disappear.

But seriously though, there are numerous studies about how babies need affection and physical intimacy in order to develop properly; there’s just no substitution for that.

6 Likes

By the way, that egg-chair thing is just an out of the box baby rocker.

4moms MamaRoo Infant Seat - Silver Plush

1 Like

Yes, exactly. A commonly available baby rocker, married to a baby-sized oculus rift.

I suppose the fact that this is on display in Belgium makes it more difficult for 4moms (the company that makes the mamaroo) to protest? Not that I don’t value remix culture, but it’s difficult to see what’s been “created” here, other than a clever narrative.

1 Like

In fact, Fisher Price already makes a rocker with a projector inside. Its design, however, is less “space-age modern” than the projector-less Mamaroo, making it less useful for reappropriating for post-modern sensationalist chicanery.

And it has nothing on a Snoo.

2 Likes

"I love you cold, unfeeling robot arm!"

7 Likes

I was thinking the SAME thing!

1 Like

Does it have Lions?

Who are you?

I am the new Number Two…

3 Likes
4 Likes