NYC mayor insists the official mayoral mansion is haunted with real ghosts

Originally published at: NYC mayor insists the official mayoral mansion is haunted with real ghosts | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That is, how to express you are unfit for higher office in one, easy sentence.

Moving on, are birds real, Mr. Mayor?

14 Likes

Alt headline: “NYC mayor discovers that his staff are fucking with him.”

14 Likes
9 Likes

As opposed to unreal ghosts? y’know the sort which are allowed to say: “And we would’ve got away With it too. if it weren’t for you meddling kids.” ("‘you meddling kids’ wouldn’t be the worst band name at that…")

3 Likes

Say what you will about Eric Adams, at least he probably won’t try to get a presidential nomination while still in office.

3 Likes

I’ve never experienced a ghost, but I’d love to live in a world with them.

With my bias out in the open, this situation is absolutely hysterical. When your whole political capital is bound to how trustworthy you are, I fantasize generations of mayors being tormented by specters yet openly denying any ghosts in Gracie mansion at all.

P.S.- to all ghosts; call me, maybe?

5 Likes

now I have that damn repetitive song in my head, without even listening to it.

6 Likes

Bill Murray Drink GIF

8 Likes

Cool, so go ahead and prove they exist once and for all. Now that everyone carries a camera/video recorder in their pocket 24/7, there’s zero excuse for making these claims without evidence to back it up.

3 Likes

“Ruh wrow!” --Scooby Doo

3 Likes

Ghosts are our friends.

charlie-brown-christmas-dance

5 Likes

So many great candidates in that field and we ended up with this guy.

2l1s

2 Likes

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

3 Likes

Real Ghosts call for:

5 Likes

With all previous inhabitants of the space saying, “Uh, nothing at all weird ever happened when we were in there,” it’s really showing how the whole “haunted” thing is inside his head (and, more generally, people’s heads). What’s interesting to me is that usually there’s some priming required, someone else saying “this house is haunted” to get people in the right head-space, but apparently all that’s needed is for a person to feel a certain way about a building, and then suddenly every time they misplace their keys, every time an object shifts after being set down, every time the building creaks, it’s “a ghost.”

2 Likes

and now I have a song stuck in my head, too.

6 Likes

Come on ya’ll. There’s no ghosts in Gracie Mansion.

Only skeletons. You’ll find them in all the closets.

Danny Elfman Skeleton GIF

5 Likes

I hate to break it to you, Mr. Mayor. You live in New York - they’re rats.

7 Likes

Rat ghosts?

7 Likes