NYPD Commissioner "troubled" by news of cop arrested for running an international heroin ring

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/15/nypd-commissioner-troubled.html

3 Likes

He just hates when that happens.

11 Likes

Upset because. Goddamn it don’t get caught guys it is bad for business.

12 Likes

Date night, movie night, fondue night, heroin trafficking night… you’ve got to bring something into a relationship to make it work.

11 Likes

"helped her boyfriend run a heroin trafficking ring that spanned from Mexico to New York."

Hold that Blue Line NYPD, or else…

1 Like

I’m originally from there. You don’t get to be an NYPD commissioner by getting all honest on the troops.

2 Likes

Suspended without pay? Heavens! Imagine how Scarface would have felt - or Heisenberg!

6 Likes

Yeah I remember when my employer found out I was an international heroin smuggler. The time off was great but that loss of pay really effected me. I had to cry on the stacks of drug money because I couldn’t afford a tissue.

11 Likes

He’s right- cops are never charged with breaking the law. I wonder why this case was so different?

14 Likes

Little known fact: this is how the NYPD brought down the French Connection.

4 Likes

Well, I’m troubled that he’s troubled. Perhaps next he’ll be “deeply concerned” and then even “alarmed.”

4 Likes

I’m troubled right now!

Does the joke work if I mean it?

2 Likes

If he really wants an A for effort perhaps he could even ‘deplore’ it. Tons of good examples to crib from, mostly written by UN functionaries about ethnic meatgrinders nobody cares enough about to stop, so he’d get the correct “I’m just a helpless observer here” implications provided without further effort.

4 Likes

I’m troubled that he said, “Today’s arrest… are troubling.”

1 Like

Troubled because he wasn’t getting a cut?

1 Like

“The police are not here to create disorder, they’re here to preserve disorder.”
Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley, 1968

4 Likes

Is he English? That would explain his level of understatement.

1 Like

Just spitballing here, but seeing as drug dealing is “equal opportunity employment,” the commissioner might be troubled that a person of color was able to pay off their mortgage!

Wow – without pay? Usually cops caught breaking the law (including murder) are just given a paid vacation.

It can be a very career (or life) limiting move.

1 Like