NYPD official in charge of handling workplace harassment accused of decades of racist ranting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/09/nypd-official-in-charge-of-handling-workplace-harassment-accused-of-decades-of-racist-ranting.html

8 Likes

many of his colleagues have of course insisted that he was “quiet, low-key and strait-laced,” which presumably implies that he is also innocent.

This is the case for many of the worst anonymous Internet tr0lls. This is a particularly egregious case, but you have to wonder how many other foxes are out there in America’s henhouses.

20 Likes

We’re really stretching the limits of the metaphor at this point. Seems like we’ve got fox-houses in most cities.

15 Likes

Looks like a few bad apples are destroying the whole barrel. Who’d a thunk it?

13 Likes

Instead of “Defunding the Police”, just get rid of the bad ones, for goodness sake!

2 Likes

But you repeat yourself.
–editied to quote

8 Likes

gee. i’m shocked. this is unbelievable. i never thought a cop might be racist. just shocking

12 Likes

Kobel clearly angling for a new position as Police Union representative

8 Likes

On crisis committees, elected and appointed authorities never appoint the person who is going to air everything out and create a safe haven for whistleblowers. They put in someone who can appear to be working on the problem until the outraged community moves on to another issue, then letting it quietly fade into the darkness.

3 Likes

Holy cow. I actually loled at the Universe’s impeccable sense of irony when I got to the part about him being the head of the Equal Employment Opportunity division. Always the WORST people for the job.

2 Likes

“…placed on modified assignment pending completion of the department inquiry…”

Now you sit in the corner and think about what you did! That’ll teach him.

4 Likes

Given the nature of police unions, it seems to be that the only way to get rid of the bad ones is to defund the police.

6 Likes

This is a matter of definition. The NYPD probably thinks of „handling“ workplace harassment very differently than you do and this is exactly the kind of guy they want for it.

2 Likes

Yeah, without even thinking about it, I just assumed that comment meant “the city” as being the henhouse, and the whole NYPD as the foxes.

2 Likes

Compared to them, maybe he is. Scary thought, that.

2 Likes

Oh, a few

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.