NYPD proudly stages seizure of 106 pounds of legal hemp

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/nypd-proudly-stages-seizure-of.html

4 Likes

Is it a common practice to lay out all your evidence in the break room?

14 Likes

Street value one hundred million trillion dollars.

39 Likes

I hope they get sued. Isn’t destorying evidence (documentation) illegal? Everyone involved should lose their job. Won’t happen, but a lawsuit might.

tenor%20(2)

31 Likes

“These officers tossed out all the legal documents that was in each box.”

That’s funny, I thought fascists loved paperwork.

12 Likes

Billy puts on a uniform.
Has to have a gun to keep him warm.
Because violence is the social norm

Billy joined the national fronts
always known as that little runt
has his hands in the air with the other cunts

16 Likes

AKA “officers acting on a hot tip.”

12 Likes

Welp, that’s a lawsuit… hope the instagram likes were worth it.

16 Likes

What’s going to be really “funny” is when the grow farm confirms that there were 120 pounds of legal hemp invoiced… and all kinds of people who have remarkably few ties to the drug industry are caught with exactly the amount of pot that constitutes “intent to distribute” that is genetically identical to this batch…

ETA: I mean, seriously, it will be interesting to compare the actual invoice against the cop’s brags and claims on the charges…

8 Likes

NYPD celebrates its stupidity, nothing new there…

13 Likes

Cheech and Chong’s monthly order?

7 Likes

Well, the embarrassments in blue won’t pay for it; the tax payers of New York will.

17 Likes

It’s more convenient to take breaks in the evidence locker with all the goodies. Those vending machines are the booty of civil forfeiture.

4 Likes

It’s not clear to me why they would have even bothered with this. You can literally purchase hemp and marijuana from a store in NYC now. There’s a shop open on 7th Ave and like 36th St now. WTF is going on?

7 Likes

I’ve known some excellent NYC police officers. That being said, they’re in a distinct minority, and their efforts to improve the force are rarely very successful. There are an awful lot of assh oles on the force.

2 Likes

You mean the NYPD proudly stages seizure of 105 pounds of legal hemp.

2 Likes

just wait until they find out about this:

23 Likes

Or my chinatown stalwart

(Works really really well in simmered dishes like the one below)

7 Likes

At least this time it won’t be for them having shot someone in the back. Again.

2 Likes

Unfortunately correct. The lawsuits should target the persons responsible for the SNAFU.

2 Likes