NYPD wants to make "resisting arrest" into a felony

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Well, the NYPD should really get on this… since the post linked to is from a year ago.

4 Likes

Kinda sounds like you are resisting.

14 Likes

Better invest in some skin softening creams so you don’t accidentally harm the officer’s fist when he punches you.

6 Likes

Here’s a better idea: make false arrest a felony.

54 Likes

Sounds good. As long as they also make lying about someone resisting arrest a felony, with a minimum sentence double the maximum sentence for resisting arrest, and make it so officers’ testimony has to be backed up with bodycam footage. I mean, anyone who has a problem with that is clearly planning to misuse this law.

32 Likes

cop: “You’re under arrest”
person: “Why’re you arresting me?”
cop: “You’re resisting arrest”

22 Likes

NYPD going in the wrong direction. Not uncommon.

We must increase removing felonies from the laws and begin mass amnesty and expunging. These bullshit felonies are destroy peoples lives and has created an underclass. The police are a super class with effective rights to beat, kill and do anything else they want. The police have become a legalized criminal gang. It is time to put the harsh magnifying glass of the prosecutorial system on the police until they understand they are one of us not over us. The police have become animals. I wish they would join humanity. If they continue to act like animals the only place for them is a cage.

13 Likes

Outstanding. (sneer) They haven’t thought it through. Whenever misdemeanors are exaggerated into felonies, there are fewer disincentives to genuine felonious behavior . If resisting arrest becomes a felony, cop killings will escalate accordingly.

4 Likes

Former officer Peter Liang. What he did was a felony.

2 Likes

so, working as planned. Gotta be at war with something or people might stop following orders. /s

12 Likes

It puts the lotion on its skin…

6 Likes

Rarely does one see a story that so perfectly embodies the phrase “Fascist pigs”.

10 Likes

yes, that’s basically how this works.

2 Likes

A resisting arrest charge is the adult equivalent of the teenage bully’s “stop hitting yourself”

24 Likes

Well, it’s more relevant now that Scalia is dead. If it went to SCOTUS, this would be a slam-dunk.

1 Like
1 Like

I’d like to make the act of surrounding a person on the ground thus blocking cell phone cameras and shouting “stop resisting sir!” while clubbing someone.

As always: fuck the police.

9 Likes

“Hey guys, you know what works to prevent crime… Pass more laws!!!” Said no one logically thinking ever.

5 Likes

Judge Dredd will approve.

5 Likes