NYPD wants to make "resisting arrest" into a felony

Indeed.

2 Likes

I wonder what the enhancement is for bleeding on a cop’s uniform?

4 Likes

I think its the same as it is for attacking a cops fist with your face.

5 Likes

note to self: delete BB account in 2288 and never look back

4 Likes

When people think “police state”, they think of “1984” or the stazi as examples.
But what the term really means is a state where the police, those employed to enforce the laws, make the laws in clear conflict of interest.

This assertion by the NYPD is proof of systemic corruption, and weakness in the systems built to prevent such corruption.

3 Likes

NYPD Officers finds concealed weapon…

1 Like

Most people don’t have the balls to carry a penis gun.

6 Likes

sounds like a felony to me.

Also, did you ever notice there is no button for that?

1 Like

Reminds me of high school. They gave us a student handbook that had a list of rules/things that were forbidden in almost the same format as the syllabus of things we were supposed to learn by the end of the year. It made a handy checklist. IIRC, I only had two unchecked at the end of the year, things that I refused to do even though they were against the rules.

10 Likes

Technically those would be two different issues, so “rider” I guess? Perhaps late night brain wasn’t able to pick the correct word, but you get the idea…

1 Like

I know what you are getting at.

Legal language has very specific definitions (at any given time) that often don’t fall in line with the rest of us language using humans. In the legislative realm, riders are a procedural concept that allow all sorts of stuff unrelated to an initial bill to be attached to it.

Am I being knit picky? (Probably…)

And yet, some wear it so well.

1 Like

I thought the penalty for resisting arrest was already summary execution - how much worse do they want to make it?

5 Likes

The whole good cop/bad cop question can be disposed of much more decisively. We need not enumerate what proportion of cops appears to be good or listen to someone’s anecdote about his Uncle Charlie, an allegedly good cop. We need only consider the following: (1) a cop’s job is to enforce the laws, all of them; (2) many of the laws are manifestly unjust, and some are even cruel and wicked; (3) therefore every cop has agreed to act as an enforcer for laws that are manifestly unjust or even cruel and wicked. There are no good cops. ~Robert Higgs

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.