NYT publishes damning, deep look at Trump's commercial/presidential conflicts of interests, so Trump tweets crazy fake-vote conspiracy

So, summarised: Literal fascism (a merging of the State and business interests.)

10 Likes

Um, I think if you are going to make comments like:

America died on 9/11.

which discounts everything that Americans have worked for and achieved in the last 15 years, you should probably be prepared for a little pushback.

I’m going to go out on a limb, but people who don’t like being attacked (by being told to meet people?) shouldn’t probably dismiss millions of people’s efforts to achieve a better country.

And if that’s not the way you meant it to be read, take the attack as an indication that perhaps a little more clarity was needed in your comment.

9 Likes

That’s surely the best case for almost any politician. The ideal political systems are surely those of Switzerland and Belgium, where nobody knows who the Prime Minister is, or if there even is one, but systems keep rolling along without excitement.

2 Likes

maybe we could make an actual award

10 Likes

All the places that have the Trump name on the building, but no Trump ownership, should consider that. The Toronto building is already a protest magnet. Thanks Donald!

I think both are troubling.

A trophy modeled after goatse.cx seems appropriate for it. It could be like Consumerist’s “Golden Poo” award for “Worst Company In America”.

3 Likes

Wow. It’s a shame none of this matters.

I know you’re joking, but corn is, in fact, a cornerstone of the futures market!

4 Likes

Which comment are you referring to? All I’m getting is the article itself.

A writhing tesseract of golden morgellons fuzz, slowly rotating in magnetic suspension

2 Likes

Do it! Please. Do it for America, spite, sympathy to the pain of your readers, or whatever motivation would work.

Somehow tying it to a New Yorker cartoon would add bonus points.

8 Likes

A container load of pork bung.

6 Likes

Not all corn futures. Just popcorn futures, please.

2 Likes

Trump will be making political decisions that will inevitably end up affecting his businesses in a good or bad way, but would it be considered something akin to insider trading if he takes action on his businesses before he takes any political action? I highly doubt he would allow his businesses to suffer or miss any prime opportunities.

You specifically want futures for the Zea mays everta strain of corn.

4 Likes

We need to start using #IgnoreHisTweets (or #IgnoreDJTtweets, if you prefer) when media reports on his tweets instead of what he is actually doing. In the comments section of every article about his tweets, we should post #IgnoreHisTweets and then post a link to an article about something Trump is actually doing to make things worse or evade the law.

Don’t even bother with his appointment of Steve Bannon. Even that is just a distraction. Yes, it is a bit of a meta-distraction, in that Bannon will be in charge of creating even more distractions. But whether Bannon is or is not a racist is moot. The point is: He is there to create distractions. Don’t get caught up in them.

1 Like

ITYM “small white children”.

6 Likes

Trump: The clusterfuck that keeps on clusterfucking.

6 Likes

Damning exposés on Trump and the various qualities that should have made him unelectable were published pretty much every week since he announced his candidacy. I’m not convinced that one more would have made any difference. It’s clear his supporters are operating on some set of standards that exist totally outside established norms of decency and qualifications.

12 Likes