NYT: Trump inquired about adding his face to Mount Rushmore

ORLY?

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/sloganwall.htm

I call hijinks on the bobblehead. He’s never been that skinny. Wait, wtf, I just noticed it says

“This Donald J. Trump Royal Bobble Doll”

ROYAL?!?!

5 Likes

My god

Ralphing the demon.

3 Likes

I am frozen in awed disgust browsing this. Thank you, I think.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if he’s completely forgotten about the SAT he paid someone to take for him; the 18K+ lies; taking credit for President Obama’s accomplishments; etc.

Almost.

3 Likes

No room for Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton, I see.

Thank you, correcting-type-person @LurksNoMore :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah, GW Bush would make a heckuva decline president.

1 Like

The SocBloc stuff wasn’t as tacky as this.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in watching a North by Northwest remake where Grant’s sneezing fit in Lincoln’s nose is replaced by a prolonged bout of flatulence in Trump’s skull.

4 Likes

That would have excellent acoustics…

4 Likes

There are probably more than a few con-men trying to get campaigns for this past crowdfunding site approval.

2 Likes

It’s also particularly stupid as, of course, Mount Rushmore is run by the National Park Service so the Governor of South Dakota’s opinion has fuck all to do with it. But he can’t be bothered to learn that detail.

9 Likes

I did the math a while back (Last year? Or two years ago? It’s so hard to tell these days. And I can’t be asked to dig it out.) and came to the conclusion that you could build the entire border wall out of those trinkets at a fraction of the projected cost. And it would be just as effective.

6 Likes

fbeccc37cc9ebef733df783595d9e172569ecf69_2_690x438

14 Likes

If I were to hazard a guess I would imagine that Trump thinks they carved Washington’s image into the mountain shortly after he left office in 1797 and added subsequent Presidents every time someone did something especially noteworthy in office, like a Wall of Fame at a sports stadium.

I’m also pretty sure that one of the reasons he killed the plan to put Harriet Tubman on the $20 Bill is because he’s eyeing that spot for himself.

12 Likes

The other reasons of course being, in no particular order

• he’s a racist

• he’s a misogynist

• it was an Obama era initiative

13 Likes

Probably not far off the mark!

It’s a pity about Harriet Tubman, though. First, she was awesome, and second, this alternative design would have been fucking glorious (although that particular model of gun is slightly anachronistic)

8 Likes

I liked how it is a stylish folding screen. We can have a sassy conversation over it with Mexico while we change clothes. No peeking!

3 Likes

You’re thinking of Prince Andrew.

Charles is, apparently, a bit too gullible and into unfortunate woo like homeopathy, but there’s absolutely nothing suggesting that he’s a sexual predator or has ever been sexually interested in underage people.

2 Likes

I think it was a very early dog-whistle to let all the Best People know he was sticking to the plan.

1 Like