NYT's horrifying video of hateful Trump rally attendees

Well yeah, not for the mere fact of being classified as white. But once informed, shame for what one does, and for what one doesn’t do, does seem merited. There are ways to be a white ally of those who continue to suffer the brunt of white supremacy.

17 Likes

…and we are full circle back to the first comment. :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Here here, old girl ! Roger That!

5 Likes

I’m torn on whether that’s hateful or someone who got lost on the way to a meeting where people share kinky fantasies.

I know, I know…

[Whynotboth.jpg]

15 Likes

Death throes can be noisy and frightening. But they are death throes.

22 Likes

There is good news on that front.

“And the past two weeks, in particular, have been eventful: Five courts in five states ruled against voter ID and proof-of-citizenship laws.”

18 Likes

Every Trump rally video I see just make me think of Tracks 20-23 on Pink Floyd’s The Wall.

11 Likes

That reminds me, I saw this recently which had PFTW media I hadn’t seen before:

11 Likes

Are you wondering how many of the males ‘liking’ your comment are American, panicky, single and straight, @TobinL ?
(For those of you planning to woo me by looking over my Amazon wishlist, I could do with some anti-anxiety medications.) :kissing_smiling_eyes:

15 Likes

18 Likes

“You know people, I’m not black, but there’s whole lotsa times I wish I could say I’m not white.” --Frank Zappa.

We should neither be ashamed nor proud of something we had no choice in, and no hand in; none of us chose to be the color or ethnicity we are. We can’t change our genetics, nor our ancestors, but we can change how we treat others.

36 Likes

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross wearing an orange comb-over.

22 Likes

Just based upon the reactions of the other mutants, I’ll pass.

10 Likes

Their collective is their own ideological tribe. The common good is apparently only for them.

11 Likes

The video? Yeah. It’s pretty much what I imagine you’d likely expect.

8 Likes

I think it is important to reflect on the myriad ways in which whiteness confers benefits in society (or at the very least does not add any complicating penalties); declaring whiteness as being completely good or completely bad shortchanges meaningful discussion on race and privilege.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m good.

20 Likes

The references to Hillary Clinton’s physique in comparison to fried chicken is strikingly similar to the sort of abuse that was thrown at Julia Gillard when she held the top office here:

These women!!! Seeking political power with their typical healthy body shapes!!!

We expect our candidates to have the idealized physical form of Gods, like Trump!!!

18 Likes

Good choice!

It reminded me of times I knew I had stepped in dog poo. It smelled bad, and my boots got slippery. But I just had to lift it up and look. As if there was any doubt - YES I have stepped in dog poo. At least I can only hope it was left there by a dog.

10 Likes

As my friend said "I’ve seen those clips before. But it seems to me they had less color and everyone was speaking German.

24 Likes