NYT's horrifying video of hateful Trump rally attendees

Poor Kuroko. You guys keep making her bash her head.

Also, how do we go back to normal from here?

7 Likes

This.
This is what makes America great, you f------ a-- b---- f–!

6 Likes

I have been expecting this for a long time. Possibly not so soon here, but certainly in Europe. Whenever there is enough pressure from any political force, there will be a pushback response. And people never sensibly stop at some reasonable point which everyone can live with. They always have to keep pushing, usually led by the vocal fringe elements, until things have reached an extreme. Then there is a compensating swing in the other direction. And that will go too far as well. but before the general population starts pushing against whatever is going on, the extremists will come out from under their rocks.

6 Likes

I will admit I couldn’t bring myself to watch the whole thing, but that’s less about how offensive it was, and how repetitive (or I guess tiring) it was. I may watch the second half later. It has an eerie sociological/psychological bent to it.

You gotta look evil right in the eye sometimes, and hopefully come away stronger.

8 Likes

Exactly.

If you’ve seen one Two Minutes of Hate, you’ve seen 'em all.

12 Likes

Ha. You know what? I just double checked. . . I literally watched only two minutes and maybe
five seconds before I said “OK, enough.”

14 Likes

I’m trying to imagine how people will “go too far” in the opposite direction of these racist, sexist Trumpsters.

What forms do you think that will take? In what ways could those who disagree with these Trumpsters by believing that all groups of people should be treated with dignity and respect take that too far?

24 Likes

See?

*lolz

1 Like

Those people are hateful right wing idiots. There are also hateful left-wing idiots. Of course, all such people should be irrelevant. They are a tiny minority of people in their party. But when the fringe is making all the noise, and once they are deciding policy, then the mainstream becomes irrelevant, at least politically.

5 Likes

Is there really a “mainstream” though? This suggests that most people “just happen” to somehow perceive, desire, or do the same things. My guess is that this outlook has traction simply because it would seem convenient. I think that it might be more accurate to recognize that billions of people live billions of different ways, and that civility means growing to accept that despite its challenges.

5 Likes

I’m suddenly reminded of those kids who took acid and went to a Trump rally earlier this year.

I’m also reminded of this image of Oswald Mosley and Britain’s Fascist movement.

7 Likes

They’ll believe it’s a mandate to beat the shit out of Mexicans and Muslims. And probably a few gays, blacks and even Asians to make it extra spicy.

I have no doubt at this point, he will be poisoned by his VP candidate, who will proceed to blame it all on Hillary in his attempt to gain the white house throne.

Next week, when is Winter happening again?

7 Likes

This was the part of the video I disliked most. Even more so than pleas for jail and death. Because it is so fucking smallminded and petty! “banality of evil” and all that BS.

4 Likes

19 Likes

By the way, what is a “beaner?”

3 Likes

Yeah, no kidding, how the heck can Hillary be a good leader when her boobs are so small. This is the very reason I switched to a different dental hygienist, and my few remaining teeth are just fine now. Get a brain, morans!

Jesus. Do people still use that word? Is that a west coast thing?

13 Likes

Someone who wears one of these:

22 Likes

Exactly, you get that vibe a lot from Trump supporters… they are racist from the seventies.

8 Likes

Is it possible that we’re(1) deep into the end game and just don’t realize it? I withhold some of my worst predictions out of fear I’ll sound like a loon. And then I shake my head and say “yah, just crazy thoughts…”

I wonder if the people 5, 10, or 20 years before the US Civil War felt the same way. At what point did most people realize shit’s about to go down, for reals? Then recalled they had crazy thoughts about it but always dismissed them…

(1) non-USAian here. Live next door, and worried what a President Trump future holds.

11 Likes

Ah. Now it makes sense. It’s about people form Boston.

12 Likes