OAN sues Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, Comcast, NBC Universal for $10 million

I thought it was filed in CA, a state with a good SLAPP statute.

2 Likes

Maybe they used Defense Department contractors, who charge like $5,000 for a hammer?

4 Likes

$800,000 for bricks, chains and bats? Do antifa only throw bespoke artisanal bricks or something?

“It’s a Buckinghamshire mixed clay – you wouldn’t believe what it costs to ship them individually from the UK, but they just can’t be matched for balance and heft. These days I barely throw anything else.”

36 Likes

Schrodinger’s Antifa: they own AR-15s to commit false flag mass shootings in order to get guns banned but show up at Proud Boy protests with only bikelocks and baseball bats.

21 Likes

You can tell how they want to utterly destroy free spech by how they get in between violent thugs and people they’re trying to beat on.

9 Likes

BWAAA HAA HAAA!

As all of us here are aware, Comcast has LOTS of landsharks, and NBC has landsharks who specialize in defamation law.

The countersuit is going to be epic. And, RATS! I hate popcorn.

2 Likes

LMAO I have $100 dollars US, says that her joke turns out to be literally true and this lawsuit is how we find out

10 Likes

“Ms. Streisand? We have a call for you on line 3.”

10 Likes

You can’t fix stupid.

1 Like

popcorn

7 Likes

It’s these damned millenials, you know. They can’t just pick up a stick or stone off the street, it’s gotta be certified organic and delivered by Amazon. That’s why it takes $800k to buy them all.

6 Likes

These things always ended up being right-wing projection. Which I guess means that someone actually is buying sticks for the Proud Boys.

We’re going to eventually find out that someone just mixed up “Habitat for Humanity” with “Antifa,” aren’t we?

“We started out with rocks we picked up, but once we discovered the locally-sourced, bespoke, artisanal, vegan bricks, we just couldn’t go back. And have you seen these fair-trade chains? They’re made by a cooperative of disabled Guatemalan orphans…”

For that amount of money, they could be buying mind-control devices to cause fascists to commit acts of violence themselves. Wait a minute… that would explain everything! Violence is so out of character for fascists, after all…

10 Likes

Rachel is WAY too famous for this to get to her through the filter of Comcast and NBC Universal. Even if it did, she makes $19,000 per day in salary, so she’s probably not too worried about it. Her natural chirpy verbosity will drive those idiots that brought the suit right round the bend.

4 Likes

Well, President Carter is a famous Habitat for Humanity representative, he’s democrat, something something something Soros, something something Hilary,something something Vince Foster, something something Antifa. Could see OAN making that argument.

9 Likes

More like OnAN.

3 Likes

News is finally eating itself! Oh, what a lovely day.

1 Like

The network claims Maddow defamed them during an episode of her nightly show when she referred to OANN as “paid Russian propaganda.”

One America News Network (OANN) is an American right-wing pay television news channel launched on July 4, 2013, owned by Herring Networks, Inc.

6 Likes

Case closed!

4 Likes

The suit was filed in the US District Court in California. This is a federal case, not state. Probably because the parties are in different jurisdictions.

1 Like

Federal Courts follow the state laws of the jurisdiction they are filed in on issues not relating directly to Federal law. So the CA SLAPP laws can be applied here

4 Likes