Oath Keepers Stewart Rhodes is sentenced to 18 years for Jan. 6 "seditious conspiracy"

Originally published at: Oath Keepers Stewart Rhodes is sentenced to 18 years for Jan. 6 "seditious conspiracy" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Nice. I’d kind of like to see Steven Root play him in a movie, as long as he doesn’t make him likable.

9 Likes

If by that he means “motivated by the defendant’s political violence” well, then yeah, sure.

29 Likes

Reposting from when Rhodes was convicted:

28 Likes
Crimed 2020-01-06
Charged 2022-01-12
Convicted 2022-11-29
Sentenced 2023-05-25

Keep those hits coming.

23 Likes

Excellent. May those eighteen years be very, very long for him.

24 Likes

Yippee GIF by SKIPPY Peanut Butter

9 Likes

28 Likes

If your religion permits, may I suggest getting a divorce?!

Unfortunately he is only one of very many more :sweat:

8 Likes

Will he serve all of them? What are the prospects for parole/appeal/reduction of sentence?

5 Likes

Zero.

Federal crimes don’t have time reduced for good behavior. Reagan’s “Sentencing Reform” in 1987 eliminated parole in the Federal system.

17 Likes

Excellent.

6 Likes

For someone who tried to topple our political system to complain about “politically motivated” prosecution is just too rich. Enjoy your jail cell, you convicted seditionist.
Disappointed Hate GIF by King of Boys

26 Likes

See ya in 2041, treason weasel.

12 Likes

NOW we’re talking!

this sets a precedent going forward with subsequent cases, right? right??

19 Likes

This is such a powerful quote. Guys like this have never faced any real consequences which is why they feel entitled to do insane shit like attempt to overthrow the US government over a few petty grievances that they haven’t even earned the right to be angry about.

This is why social justice matters. When cishet white men are allowed to run amok and unchecked for too long, this is what happens. Any one group, really- if society was inverted on gender, I’m sure it’d be the Karens with eyepatches storming the capitol. Striving for quality and making sure everyone empathizes with the pain of others is what keeps privilege blindness from spiralling out of control like this.

25 Likes

26 Likes

Presidential pardon? :fire:

(Not that TFG really cares, but pardoning them is his current narrative.)

7 Likes

I probably wouldn’t limit it to TFG. I think any of the potential nominees would. IMHO, the party is that far gone.

7 Likes

Yet another reason not to let Trump back in. He’d get a pardon and probably a podcast to talk about how he could only do half the job… this time. (a la Steven Bannon).

10 Likes