Obama endorses Clinton in online video, and urges Democratic Party to unite

I’d say if you can afford to bet them, you’ve already won.

5 Likes

That was drinks, not bottles! I’m not made of money - or scotch.

3 Likes

I tried being made of scotch once. It was a very blurry experience.

9 Likes

I highly recommend a misspent youth. One must have at least a few evenings to regret!

2 Likes

I’d say a day after he gets trounced in DC. Might as well do it today and get it over with.

4 Likes

I agree. I was just rigging my bet…was that wrong?

Emerging from the White House after a meeting with Obama that lasted more than an hour, Sanders warned that a Trump presidency would be a “disaster” and that he would “work as hard as I can to make sure that Donald Trump does not become president of the United States.”

“I look forward to meeting with (Clinton) in the near future to see how we can work together to defeat Donald Trump and to create a government which represents all of us and not just the 1%,” Sanders told reporters.

The senator thanked both Obama and Vice President Joe Biden for showing “impartiality” during the course of the Democratic campaign.

“They said in the beginning that they would not put their thumb on the scales and they kept their word and I appreciate that very, very much,” Sanders said.

8 Likes

I saw that.

My interest in this election is done. Now I just want it to be over.

Actually I’d happily just fast forward to 2024 when there might be a chance of a candidate I’d like…

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, if people are going to vote for HRC, I disagree but at this juncture I understand it. But if pressed the reasons turn out to have nothing to do with “party unity” and a lot more to do with “I fucking hate Trump.” I respect that position a lot more than appeals to party unity. Parties are supposed to be loyal to the people they represent, not the other way around.

Not enough hearts to give 4 realsies, so have some others: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I like it.

11 Likes

Shocker.

10 Likes

Did Hillary get her Nobel prize yet? Just curious.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

What is the point of an endorsement after the race is over?

2 Likes

Well, there’s still the November election. Against this Drumpf fellow. I know, I know. It’s almost a fait accompli, but wouldn’t be fun to run up the score?

Ah, of course. All those waverers just waiting to see which way Warren would go. I admit I did think for a while she might endorse Trump. Glad I was wrong!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think your premise, that HRC will win the nomination because a group of “party insiders” or “party elders” are somehow responsible, is incorrect. As statistician Nate Silver wrote, “Hillary Clinton Will Be Nominated Because More Democrats Are Voting For Her”.

Call me a cynic, but if what Matt Taibbi wrote - “The maddening thing about the Democrats is that they refuse to see how easy they could have it. If the party threw its weight behind a truly populist platform, if it stood behind unions and prosecuted Wall Street criminals and stopped taking giant gobs of cash from every crooked transnational bank and job-exporting manufacturer in the world, they would win every election season in a landslide” – were true, we wouldn’t have a Congress controlled by a majority of right-wing loony Republicans.

8 Likes