Obama reacts to Trump's "radical islam" terminology gripe

I’m sorry… how many extra-judicical killings of people in the middle east would work for you to get you to see he’s doing something? Should we just turn the whole region to a nuclear wasteland because of some people?[quote=“jayseedub, post:20, topic:79760”]
as to why including the religious (or quasi-religious) aspect to this is valuable, useful, and important to address.
[/quote]

We could say the same about the assholes cheering the murder of 50 gay people who are Christians…

5 Likes

Dude was actually openly gay and had a boyfriend, and there is no evidence to suggest he was there to attack the parade at this point (and if he was, I’d doubt homophobia would have been the reason why, since he seemed to have no problem accepting his sexuality). Guy was on probation and not allowed to have firearms, though and we’re still not sure what he was doing with them.

6 Likes

You get out whatever you put in.

If you choose to be civil, most people here on this forum will treat you in kind whether they agree with you or not.

Sadly, it seems like that’s exactly what some people are subconsciously advocating; just blow it all up, and life-long consequences be damned…

10 Likes

I mean, isn’t that the logical end conclusion of the “war on terror”? Either we do what Anne Coulter suggested (kill their leaders and convert them all to Christianity - I’m not sure if she meant Israeli Jews, too, in that or not, but given her belief that Jews are “wrong”, I wouldn’t be surprised) or we turn the middle east to glass, with no regard for the death toll. This seems to me to be what the proponents of the “war on terror” really want, but are just too polite to say so.

4 Likes

Fixed.

Saying exactly what is meant would reveal such people for the monsters that they really are.

If we stoop to the level of our worst enemy then we are no better than them; in some cases, we may even be worse.

4 Likes

Yeah, those numbers check out.

Yes, you’re right about the cheering Christians. We can agree!

5 Likes

In case you missed it I’ll repeat my question: Which of the other Republican candidates would you have preferred?

5 Likes

Rubio would have been my preference–thanks for asking!

He might, but the footage is likely classified

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. News keeps trickling in.

2 Likes

I started a topic for this. Now it turns out he was flee a child molestation charge back in Indiana.

[ETA] Here is the link:

3 Likes

Open mind about what? The Republican party is a racist shitshow. It is chock full of racists. Some open, others less so. Shit, Nixon specifically used racism to woo Southern Democrats. It won them an election, and continues to ddo so to this day.

8 Likes

“Let me tell you, I am a huge supporter of the gay community, you can ask anyone and I hope you do. They’d tell you the same thing. And that’s what I would do as president.”

2 Likes

If I was looking for someone to walk my dog, I’d trust Trump any day of the week over someone who said they trusted Trump to walk their dog.

5 Likes

I’m having trouble parsing that statement.

If someone trusted Trump to walk their dog, you’d trust them less to walk your dog than you’d trust Trump to walk your dog?

But, then you’d trust Trump enough…

Okay, there’s some sort of recursive function going on here; I know because my head’s starting to hurt.

4 Likes

When it comes to dogs, I’d trust Trump over Romney, at least.

8 Likes

I agree with your comments here. But as a small aside for the sake of clarity:

The Dalai Lama is a famous figure of modern Buddhism, but he is the leader of one of the five main schools of Tibetan Buddhism. There are other schools of Tibetan Buddhism, as well as other kinds of Buddhism than those from Tibet. There are many different lineages of Buddhism, many of which do not have anything specifically to to with the Dalai Lama. As a fringe tantrika myself, I could probably be considered “heretical” by many under the respective Hindu and Buddhist umbrellas. I may not know much, but I know well enough that there is not a central hierarchical club which dictates standards for membership - despite what some may claim.

3 Likes

Trump apparently owns dogs, likes dogs, and treats them very well. I’d post photos but they might improve some people’s opinions of the man, and i wouldn’t want that.