Obviously fake "paid protester" site sets right wing media aflutter

Four years of endless BS. I’m already exhausted.

Assuming you get paid at the end, which (as many of #nextpresident’s suppliers and vendors will attest) is not a safe assumption with this bunch.

13 Likes

Their certificate was generated on 1/13/17. Correct me if I’m wrong, but issuing a back-dated cert with a valid CA chain would require a significant amount of collusion. So the site is brand new.

4 Likes

seriously, sign me up. Soros doesn’t even offer medical, I’m about ready to jump ship! :wink:

8 Likes

I was going to say - sign me the fuck up. I’ll protest what ever you want. I can even make my own signs!

4 Likes

A similar test I read somewhere is whether you have to pay to learn the religion’s fundamental beliefs. In the case of Scientology, for instance, the answer is yes.

5 Likes

“…right wing media aflutter” is hardly news. Fluttering is the status-quo.

6 Likes

Same with:

1 Like

There is profit in telling crazy people what they want to hear. Truth is not a requirement.

1 Like

Like most conspiracy theories, there is a tiny grain of truth in the middle of the big ball of lies. I highly doubt that Soros (or anyone else on the left) has ever paid salaries to masses of people to show up at protests. But I suspect these theories come from (1) the existence of professional community organizers, who are sometimes involved in organizing protests (and whose salaries are sometimes paid from nonprofits that are funded by donors like Soros), and (2) the existence of left-wing donors who will help pay for things like food for protesters. In the early days of Occupy Wall Street, for example, there were definitely anonymous donors who paid for meals, and at one point I think some of the main organizers had access to a pretty generous budget from one generous donor.

3 Likes

I’ll have you know, sir, that lemmings can be quite reasonable.

6 Likes

FFS, no one has to pay me to protest Trump - I do it for free! I swear by my pretty pink pussyhat, we will end him!

3 Likes

Tucker Carlson interviews someone claiming to represent ‘demand protest’ on video.
Very entertaining.

9 Likes

i hate tucker carlson with a bright passion, but good on him for this one. wow. that was pretty jaw-dropping.

4 Likes

Agreed - it was so great to see. However, what are we to make of the impact this “crawl” may have had on those glancing at the piece in the airport or in passing:

In other words, if you just saw the crawl along the bottom, and you believed that this sort of thing was occurring anyway, wouldn’t you just be further cemented in your opinion.

Here’s the Washington Times

3 Likes

A religion is a cult with an army.

2 Likes

Help me out here.
Is there a term for this practice of blaming your opposition for doing something shady that you are actually doing yourself?

This whole fake news phenomenon has the effect of discrediting ALL news. So when the creamsicle calls CNN fake news people believe him because other news outlets have muddied the water so much?

The same principle goes for “voter fraud” allegations which mask actual voter suppression.
Calling Democrats “Tax and Spend” while running up enormous deficits. etc,

Basically, they are unscrupulous cheaters. Aargh!

1 Like

ugh, i didn’t even SEE that. you’re right – their viewers will make that their sole takeaway, especially if it’s on in places like bars where all you can do is read the crawl.

3 Likes

Randroid Evangelicals vs Randroid LaVeyans… FIGHT.

Honestly I think they have more values in common than not, they both worship the same god.

Yeah, it’d be nice if one day open-source documents would be requisite to getting those tax breaks. Preferably no tax breaks at all for non-charitable work.

3 Likes

At least the lemming would bring some an awesome classical music chiptune soundtrack to the debate.

4 Likes

The Amiga had the best Lemmings music

5 Likes