Obviously fake "paid protester" site sets right wing media aflutter

To be clear, at $2500 a month, 1800 paid lackeys would cost these people $4.5 million…a month…

This excludes the promised hourly wages and benefits as well.

Even assuming it was a skeleton crew operating the administrative end of the organization, this would make it one of the higher tier / well-funded PACs in the US…that no one has ever heard of.

7 Likes

I don’t know if I can figure out how to say what I really mean. I think the projection is further removed from the action - basically they see what “liberals” are doing, project an unscrupulous motive onto it, and use that to justify their unscrupulous actions because liberals are doing it to.

Like (at least some of) those Republicans who are suppressing votes with voter ID laws will tell you that Democrats are cheating at elections by increasing immigration because recent immigrants favour Democrats. So Democrats are increasing immigration because it’s good for the country (sure, some are probably actual psychopaths who are doing it just to help themselves attain power), but the imputed motive is a crass vote grab (sprinkle some racism or extreme elitist in here to justify thinking of immigrants as pawns rather than people) so their crass vote grab is justified.

Same with fake news. I call pizzagate fake news because the story was actually wholly untrue. Someone who wants Trump to win projects their tendency to use words to achieve results (as opposed to using words to convey meaning) onto me and thinks I am calling it fake news because it tends to support my preferred candidate over their opponent. So now they can call CNN’s story “fake news” because “fake news” is just an epithet, not a descriptive phrase.

So from our perspective, they are doing the thing they are complaining about us doing, but from their perspective we are actually doing the thing they are complaining about us doing. The way we’d describe the action is changed by the projected motives.

Plus, for a lot of people, "rational thought’ and “tactics” are just the conscious mind justifying subconscious and emotional impulses after the decision has already been made to feel like it is in charge.

4 Likes

But the unscrupulous “motive” is usually an inversion of what they themselves are doing or wish to happen in their fantasies* and the liberals are not.

*FEMA Death Camps! Women oppressing men! Gays inflicting their way of life on poor straight persons! Islam spreading everywhere and letting their courts rule!

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly. The motive changes the action. So subconsciously projecting a motive allows them to relabel an action.

I was just trying to explain why I think projection plays a role in the blame-others-for-doing-things-only-we-are-doing. From their perspective, both sides are doing it. From our perspective, they are doing it and we aren’t. Of course we’re actually correct and they aren’t, but somehow being correct is the subject of a huge culture clash right now.

4 Likes

One day I’ll find a way to respond to “LIBERALS are intolerant of my intolerance and hatred!!!” that doesn’t make me want to press my thumbs into my eyesockets ala Event Horizon.

America 2017: We won’t need eyes where we’re going.

3 Likes

Even when he’s right, he’s an insufferable prick. But he’s right.

…I did like how “Dom” asserted that it’s “pretty easy to get on national TV and say whatever you want” to Tucker’s face. :slight_smile:

Mine is definitely fake.

3 Likes

Pull the wool over your own eyes! At least you’ll know the wool is soft.

3 Likes

You and your liberal maths and logic. /s :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.