Odd Stuff (Part 2)

The earth didn’t move, it was more of a bee sting.

Fortnite banana can appear in court naked says judge in Epic vs Apple legal footnote

US District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers late last week handed down a judgment [PDF] in the Epic Games vs Apple antitrust trial, which is likely to have significant consequences for developers and the corporations that control the ecosystems in which they operate.

However, it also included a footnote which unexpectedly set legal precedent in another unlikely area: whether bananas are legally bound to wear clothes in court.

This odd ruling seems to have come as the judge’s contribution to a sort of running joke during the trial, which started when an Apple lawyer showed a well-known Fortnite character called Peely during its description of the game, with Apple’s treatment of Fortnite in its app store being the central point of contention in the case.

[…]

3 Likes

naked banana…
just look at it!

that never gets old to me hehe!

7 Likes

The article wonders if this applies to all fruit, but unfortunately doesn’t consider the important ways their clothes differ. I guess that will have to be left to the philosophers.

They don't make sense

5 Likes

19 Likes
7 Likes

Back in my Army days I deliberately failed the bus driver test.

10 Likes

My mom drove the small van buses. Never got drafted though.

6 Likes

That’s wonderful! A hardware solution because software doesn’t work fast enough.

2 Likes

Odd, and funny:

6 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

I did not expect to see someone flying it. I thought it’d be R/C. Pretty incredible. And the B-17 itself was an amazing plane.

5 Likes

“ “Amazing video from China: Destruction of 15 high-rises - because no one inhabited them”

Google translate of the Hebrew”

11 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Well it always was a bit of a fixer-upper, really.

6 Likes

If it’s anything like the repair work and scaffolding used on the Washington Monument a few years ago it will be an improvement.

Especially if it’s lit at night.

5 Likes