Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Ah - the Argus Array from TNG.

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Asking our Finnish friends how accurate this is?

11 Likes

Oh I really do hope it is. Some of this is just gold, even translated.

6 Likes

Paging @vermes82 for thoughts on this

4 Likes

Never heard the term pukukummitus (suit ghost) and I can’t find many meantions of it on Finnish language internet, but the rest are common. Asked few people and they never heard it either. Hey @LurksNoMore have you heard of a pukukummitus?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Finnish_idioms

11 Likes

My favorite:

Great expression, even better is the example given (Def. 2). :joy:

14 Likes

18 Likes

Nope, never heard of that one either. Everything else checks out, though!

10 Likes

I’m going to try to work that into everyday conversation.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Reverse munchies?
Did not have that on my bingo card.
What a timeline.

13 Likes

Like I’ve said here before…moderation, moderation, moderation. Young people keep trying to see how high they can get.

8 Likes

I can’t not hear the JR East jingles without feeling intense nostalgia for riding Tokyo subway lines.

ETA: Speaking of JR East, I came across this:

8 Likes

The moving walkway tunnel between Terminal 1B and 1C in O’Hare (all United) has neon lights synchronized to Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue:

12 Likes
2 Likes

https://jamesbondstudies.ac.uk

About this Journal

The International Journal of James Bond Studies is an academic peer-reviewed journal dedicated to publishing interdisciplinary scholarship on all aspects of Ian Fleming’s James Bond franchise.

The journal aims to develop contemporary critical readings of Ian Fleming’s James Bond across literary, filmic, and cultural history, and offers broader criticism of the popular appeal of Fleming’s creation and its relation to the spy genre.

Focus and Scope

Each issue of IJJBS contains innovative and original research on a range of related topics, including:the James Bond novels (both original and continuation); the James Bond films; the music of James Bond; James Bond computer games; television, radio, and comic adaptations; James Bond parodies and/or spin-offs; James Bond merchandise; the cultural impact of James Bond; James Bond and spy fiction; and other academic works on James Bond.

The journal will appeal to scholars, academics, and cultural critics whose work focuses on Ian Fleming and James Bond, as well as to fans of the James Bond franchise who wish to supplement their knowledge in this area.

2 Likes
6 Likes