Odd Stuff (Part 2)

UK Conservative Party used 10 million people’s names to derive their country of origin, ethnicity and religion according to ICO report

The UK’s ruling Conservative has been using personal data in a way that spots an individual’s likely county of origin, ethnic origin and religion based on their first and last name.

According to an ICO report, the Tory party purchased so-called “estimated onomastic data” and appended it to the records of 10 million voters.

7 Likes

Slight quibble: Flying cars could be excellent if we can master autonomous piloting and light weight battery technology so we can make them electric. Some ways off on both fronts, obviously, but hop in, file a destination, flight plan calculated and off you go.

4 Likes

We’ve still got a few bugs to iron out on the ground-based ones.

13 Likes

avengers-thor-nope

I mean… have you driven on a major American HWY? I’m fully convinced that more single use vehicles on the road or in the air, gas powered or electric, will only exacerbate our traffic problem. More public transit needs to be the predominant mode of transport, I’d argue…

11 Likes

This. Is. Amazing.

Might be NSFW…

10 Likes

It’s as though Troma Films made workplace health and safety videos - that’s awesome!

Now I don’t feel nearly so bad about that time I put a fork lift through a glass fridge door at a bottle shop.

9 Likes

Your body count is much, MUCH lower than Klaus’…

8 Likes

(possibly true)

16 Likes

I just thought that was how all IKEAs were laid out.

18 Likes

Ah, true. Wait a minute, I think maybe…that’s the joke! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

15 Likes

Ah. Clearly I’m an idiot.
(Reaches for more coffee)

8 Likes

Sorry, I was trying to say that I didnt see the joke either until you pointed that out. If that is the joke. :sweat:

8 Likes

That’s what I got out of it, too?

6 Likes

ikeamonkey

16 Likes
6 Likes

I would like to see this made into a TV series. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Good thing that they’re not using any chips made in China, right?

4 Likes

Now I am so happy, I do the dance of joy!

3 Likes

Someone halfway made a game.

3 Likes

I was about to stop the video when he said something along the lines of : “So now I just need darts so I can build a landmine.”
Interesting game.

3 Likes