Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Will Smith Run GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

The Wight stuff: Marconi and the island, when working remotely on wireless comms meant something very different

2 Likes
7 Likes

Biometrics, what’s not to like?

[…]
Kieran Higgins, a semi-retired auditor living in Spain, showed El Reg that his phone’s fingerprint sensor read his two-weeks-dead fingertip’s print and happily unlocked the device.
[…]

4 Likes

Robo-taxis hit the streets of Beijing – albeit a small fleet in a geo-fenced suburb

[…]
The Apollo robo-taxi service only operates in Shougang Park, an area of the capital city that will host some events in the 2022 Winter Olympics. Just ten self-driving cars are rolling in this first commercial test of the tech.
The cars are summoned with an Uber-like app and offer level-four autonomy – meaning they can independently drive in predefined geo-fenced areas, and allow humans to take the wheel if they feel it necessary.
[…]

2 Likes

3rd Eye

Old Man Rant: “Put yer phone down kids!”

7 Likes

giphy (65)

5 Likes

“Some people complained that the sculpture cost as much as their homes.”

The way the sculpture is constructed it almost looks like it was built to be a “tiny home” (of sorts)

1 Like

beautiful gas station/petrol station design:

5 Likes

Much nicer than Soviet bus stops!

1 Like

perhaps, but the spomeniks of the former yugoslavia have a real appeal to me. i love the textures of concrete:

4 Likes

16 Likes

I’m fairly certain that neither Spongebob or Patrick would be down with those confederate clowns.

7 Likes

Very disappointed that gelatinous cube didn’t make the cut.

7 Likes

Well, you’d go out for dinner, and that would be all.

Dungeons And Dragons Monster GIF by Arlin Ortiz

8 Likes

What’s the Arabic for “deracinated”?

It is a good reminder that when you use a hate symbol like that pro slavery flag in iconography unrelated to that (rawk music and the like) it can travel the globe unmoored of context.

5 Likes

caitlin-doughty-oh-nooooo

This guy is like the anti-Caitlyn… Glad he stopped this.

4 Likes

caitlyn can be kind of . . . intense sometimes. i got about 20 minutes into her the real moby dick video and had to say: “pause, some other time, maybe.”

2 Likes

She’s perfect! Perfect!

caitlin-doughty-pizza-drag-queen

6 Likes

please don’t get me wrong, she’s really good, but after 20 minutes of things like “just drop me off, i’ll take my chances with cannibalism” or “they had completely depleted the resources of the island–what a nantucket thing to do” with every promise that things were going to be even worse in the second half of the video . . .

i can only take so much cheering up at one go.

1 Like