Odd Stuff (Part 2)

I think probably part of the reason I like her so much is her rather macabre sense of humor. It’s how my family deals with death, so it feels natural to me.

5 Likes

her sense of humor was what kept me going on that video. it was the details of the lived experiences of the crew of the essex that made me stop for a while.

2 Likes

30 Thousand Paintings and Hardly One to Buy…

8 Likes

Uh, Thomas Kinkade is nowhere on this list. For a while, it seemed like his paintings were everywhere

8 Likes

Did he paint all of them? I thought they were print reproductions and he had a cadre of people who painted over the print? (I’m repeating what someone once told me about his “galleries” and the “paintings” sold there.)

Ah. I see this in the wiki:

7 Likes

It’s true that most of what are seen now are mass-produced reproductions of his work, but Kinkade supposedly painted over one thousand originals.

6 Likes

Ah, wow. I didn’t know that. That’s quite a bit! (TBF, I really didn’t know anything about him except from that one conversation. :grinning:)

2 Likes

One could argue the same about Picasso!

6 Likes

Look, it’s the Road to Nowhere!

17 Likes
8 Likes

It’s open to interpretation.

7 Likes
7 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

11 Likes

Here’s a programming gremlin that caught our eye this week: a share price exceeded the 32-bit unsigned integer limit of a stock exchange’s code.
[…]

5 Likes

It’s just the one swan, actually.

8 Likes

[…]
Do what you like with your Non-Fungible Tokens, kids, but I’ve been down the digital format detour too many times already and it always leads to a cul-de-sac. One day you’ll discover – just as with my Shockwaves, AVE comics, Minidiscs, VHS tapes and all – that NFT ultimately stands for “Not Fucking There”.

6 Likes

Seen today on Wirecutter:

8 Likes
8 Likes

James May What GIF by DriveTribe

6 Likes

Two more years.

3 Likes