Odd Stuff (Part 2)

They don’t just have arguments by the road.

3 Likes

THE HORROR! This can’t be real…

2 Likes

Bwahaha! The in-your-face “Made in China” makes this hilarious. Who’s “supporting the commies” now, you cheap racists???

Doh, ETA: I didn’t notice this was clearly for sale in an Arabic area. Keeping this here, though, because I see tons of people wearing confederate and other “patriotic” iconography on textiles made in China.

5 Likes

p1012141-600x450.img_assist_custom

17 Likes

Privacy activist Max Schrems on Microsoft’s EU data move: It won’t keep the NSA away

3 Likes

Wait. What?

Oh, yes. A fan.

11 Likes

Oh, but WHAT a fan!!

9 Likes

Although most creatures found in the formation lack easily fossilized hard tissue, they appear on the rock in exquisite detail: Several trilobites sport preserved guts, while some tiny crustaceans no bigger than Altoids possess 440-million-year-old hearts. “To be able to look at this specimen of a leech and actually see the segmented rings and the mouth structure preserved hundreds of millions of years ago is mind-blowing,” says Carrie Eaton, the Geology Museum’s curator.

9 Likes

This sounds like a not-fun time.

6 Likes

20 Likes

odd indeed:

11 Likes

Fixed it for you:

Poor design and/or construction is being blamed for a terrifying incident that left one tourist stranded on a 260-meter-high glass-bottomed suspension bridge in northeast China’s Jilin province on May 7.

3 Likes

Thanks, nice editing and visual tricks for 1909!

4 Likes

isn’t it? that has to be some of the earliest stop-motion animation i think i’ve seen.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan…

4 Likes

Is that Steve Wood?

2 Likes

Heh. They buried the lede so far deep that they didn’t include the juiciest part:

4 Likes

Might as well JUMP!

20 Likes
12 Likes

The cats aren’t released the way rescued animals like bobcats are released-they are placed in a new home where they have food and shelter, but they aren’t expected to be pets. There are several that work for Goose Island Brewing, for example.

4 Likes