Odd Stuff (Part 2)

Hmm. I don’t think I’d want a feral cat released into my home.

5 Likes

It would be given a shelter in your yard, and you would watch out for it.

1 Like

My father in law’s farm has colonies of cats on it. They feed them but they are not pets. At all.

He can leave piles of grain there safely which lends credence to the idea (which I have seen disagreed with recently) that cats were domesticated as they ate grain eating rodents rather than grain. Well hunted them anyway. Not so much the eating in my experience.

I was in a barn in the middle of the night while a cow was birthing a calf. Wondering what the circle of eye reflections all around us was…

Extra bonus: I was reading in some archeology thing that a mesopotamian word for cat was miw.

12 Likes

“There are several that Goose Island Brewing works for, for example.”

FTFY, HTH.

Likely rats, waiting on the afterbirth, no?

2 Likes

It was the cats that arrived en masse from around the local farms to eat the placenta! Which is why all the eyes were shining like that.

The eyes weren’t singing autocorrect. That would have been even more freaky.

3 Likes

It’s just not a game anymore!!

4 Likes
9 Likes

It’s like Gwyneth Paltrow directed a perfume commercial featuring an Abercrombie and Fitch model, not to broadcast, but rather to sell the commercial as an NFT.

Is this what getting old is like? It feels like I walked through a portal to an alternate universe and didn’t realize it. Everything about this makes me feel confused, uncomfortable and slightly repulsed.

4 Likes

I regret that every pun I can think of would (rightly) get me banned.

4 Likes

It sounds to me like you’ve abandoned the idea of saying anything at all.

1 Like

Mons cherie, armor?

1 Like

Wet feet, turtles and submarines: The journey to school is an adventure for a Navy officer’s son in Hawaii

5 Likes

[…]
Cloudflare research engineer Thibault Meunier assumed that the average internet user sees a CAPTCHA once ever ten days and multiplied that by world’s 4.6 billion internet users and Cloudflare’s 32-second CAPTCHA-completion estimate to assert that humanity collectively spends 500 years every day completing CAPTCHAs.
[…]

Zwischenablage01

6 Likes
9 Likes

Chinese AI censors live-streamed Alpacas – beasts with a very NSFW and political back story

Douyin, the Chinese app known as TikTok in the rest of the world, is apparently censoring Alpacas.
[…]

4 Likes

Your private data has been nabbed: Please update your life as soon as possible while we deflect responsibility

4 Likes

URL lengthener.

Here’s the url to this post:

https://aaa.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com/a?áaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂáaaÂåAæãæãæaæââÁáÆáÆåáåáæâáÅåáåÆåÀåÅåæåáåÆåÀåÅåæáÅåÅåäæãáÆæãáÆåÆåãåãáÄæâæãæäååååáÄæaåàæáæãáÄâááÆâàâAâãâàâåâÀáÆâàâåâäâåâÆæäâÄåååÀåâæäæâææåAåÀæâæaåäæáåäæá

11 Likes

Watch A Waymo AV Get Freaked Out By Traffic Cones, Block Traffic, And Evade Support Vehicles

3 Likes
11 Likes

boosh_kangaroo

10 Likes