Odd Stuff (Part 2)

An anti-drone system that sneezes targets to death? Would that be a DARPA project? You betcha

“The primary drone negation mechanism shoots strong, stringy streamers from reusable interceptors that foul propellers causing loss of propulsion.”

4 Likes

So, SillyString?

4 Likes

Prez Biden narrowly escapes cicada assassination attempt, hunkers down in Cornwall

2 Likes

Begun, the sneeze wars have.

3 Likes

Holy Roller

Gambling habit! :laughing:

12 Likes

Happy Yarn Bombing Day!

eta: If only Ted Kaczynski had taken up knitting. He could still be out there surprising people with not entirely unwelcome packages.

6 Likes

Wow, I hadn’t heard about the shortage.
This sentence in the article has me scratching my head:

Under the pretense that his friend was coming to game, the robber asked the owner for a garbage bag

I know it was to get him out of the room, but does gaming produce a lot of garbage?

1 Like

I was wondering how far he had to go to get a garbage bag. Opening all those PC and extracting the cards isn’t going to be quick or subtle.

2 Likes

3 Likes

BOFH: Despite the extremely hazardous staircase, our IT insurance agreement is at an all-time low. Can’t think why

2 Likes

China arrests over 1000 for using cryptocurrency to help launder proceeds of phone scams

China’s crackdown on cryptocurrencies has reached a new crescendo, with the nation’s Ministry of Public Security on Wednesday proclaiming it has arrested over 1000 people and shut down 170 gangs that provided crypto-linked money-laundering services.
[…]

2 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

Ireland warned it could face ‘rolling blackouts’ if it doesn’t address data centres’ demand for electricity

8 Likes
6 Likes

No more fucking data centres. I’m so angry.

5 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

“It is not something I have heard happening before,” Robbins said of the incident Friday. “So many things would have had to happen to end up in the path of a feeding whale.”

Unless you’re in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition, that is. Then it’s just a matter of setting course for Ninevah.

2 Likes
4 Likes