Odd Stuff (Part 3)

And here my money was on it being a young Baudrillard.

6 Likes

Pop Tv No GIF by Schitt's Creek

It also strikes me that he had no idea what adorno argued in his work… he HATED pop music. He was a classically trained musician…

9 Likes

literally the only thing I know about Adorno was that he hated jazz (which, being the pop music of that day, is what you said.)
that’s a pretty neat trick to pin the Beatles output on someone who would no doubt consider rock even more degenerate. but of course, his audience believes astrology is real. so, go nuts… I guess.

6 Likes

Yeah, it was a pretty famous essay that got a lot wrong about the genre. He made a general argument about basically all commercial music in that essay, with jazz as his primary example.

It’s the same sorts of arguments people make about Democrats today, that they’re a bunch of Marxist… they have no idea what a marxist is. It’s not Stacey Abrams, I’ll tell you that!

9 Likes

with any luck Kemp and the other dipshit are going to split the right vote, fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Pretty sure it was Christopher Marlowe

6 Likes

I Kant say for certain, so I won’t Hegel about it.

6 Likes

Well, we’ll see how the primary goes. I think Abrams might have an easier time against Perdue, because the more moderate ATL GOP establishment will more easily line up behind Kemp than a Trump-backed candidate.

3 Likes

Oh, man! That fucking sucks. I love Amy’s stuff - some of the best vegetarian frozen options out there. These revelations about shitbaggery make me really sad.

7 Likes

Oh…

11 Likes
16 Likes

Columbia’s cocaine hippos.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Just now, before you hit the button, two future universes are possible. After pressing the button, though, you will live in only one. A real-web version of the famous Schrödinger’s cat experiment

1 Like

That blows.

1 Like
6 Likes

Nice little kit!

9 Likes

I hear you.

Some Asian (Indian, Chinese. Korean, Japanese) foods (frozen, vegetarian) do exist. It’s just harder to find them sometimes. If you’re in a place that has a few ethnic-specific groceries, you might give those a try. Not many are organic, though.

I have found tasty, reliably veg-friendly frozen Greek foods like spanokopita, and some Middle Eastern foods (hummus, baba ganoush, foule, felafel) and some Ethiopian dishes…

https://www.habeshaaustin.com/menu#menu=main-menu&item=vegetarian-vegan-family-package

(well worth the trip, for anyone in Austin–and their version of iced tea is perfect)

… to be excellent but again, it depends where you live, and if you can locate the spices if you want to cook yourself. (Pro-tip: check the Costco freezer cases every time, their stock changes without warning, except for when you see their shelf tag’s asterisk of doom, in which case just kiss that item goodbye for a while)

None of this is an ideal replacement for using Amy’s as shelf-stable MREs.

The universe is probably telling me I need to go back to cooking and freezing our own meals, preferably in big batches, using a big crockpot and all these containers I have around here.

4 Likes
19 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

9 Likes