Odd Stuff (Part 3)

2 Likes

I wonder what are the contents of this bucket of propylene glycol?

5 Likes

Background on the Wil Wheaton dice curse…

http://folklore.usc.edu/dungeons-and-dragons-superstition-wil-wheaton-dice-curse/

1 Like
10 Likes
5 Likes

Guess he was tired of being told he was “all hat”.

3 Likes

Read about this fad last sunday. When I Googled “Dopamine Fast” I realized it was “popular” 2 years ago.The newspaper probably was running out of good articles. But I think it is odd enough.

7 Likes
10 Likes

(the meteorite might be rare / odd, but the colonizer outcome is not odd in the least:)

13 Likes

Because children and adolescents don’t have sexual organs yet, and have never seen them?

homer simpson crying GIF

5 Likes

Noooo! No more Sexy Cakes??

3 Likes
1 Like

Some foods are sexual organs.
(Probably better nobody tells her.)

3 Likes

Indeed

1 Like
6 Likes

They replaced the driveway with a pool.

In this neighborhood, garages and driveways are in back of the house and accessed by an alley. Popular way to do it in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex.

9 Likes

My spidey building code violation sense is tingling.

7 Likes

It is awfully close to the foundation of the house on the garage side, isn’t it?

5 Likes

That’s not a problem if done properly.

Now I don’t know Fort Worth’s building/zoning codes (and can’t be asked to look them up), but I do know that a lot of places have rules along the lines of “the (minimum number of) parking space(s) you need must be put up and maintained on your own estate”.

I guess you could always pull a Keith Moon and park your car in the pool, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners end up backfilling the pool or putting up new parking spaces somewhere on the estate.

6 Likes

There is still a driveway around the side of the house. My grandparents’ home in Kentucky had a very similar layout. In a practical sense, this sort of “elbow” driveway has more driveway space than necessary. There’s just no roof over your car anymore, so I can’t really be too sympathetic when it comes to hail storms.

ETA: Save yourself a lawsuit or catastrophe and FENCE IN YOUR POOL!!!

11 Likes