Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Instead, she found a large speaker blaring out the disembodied howls as police and attorneys looked on — all part of an unusual “test” that was conducted for a civil lawsuit against the city.

“It was so jarring,” Robbins said, noting that the screams continued playing for an hour, even after children started getting dropped off at a day care on the block. “It was just really awful.”

“So Mr. Hicks’s lawyers devised a test," Murphy wrote. “And with no warning to the people who live and work near Broad and Passyunk in South Philadelphia, the lawyers played a looped recording of a woman screaming. At 122 decibels. For an hour. At 5:30 a.m.”

That’s way louder than most people can scream.

“Although human screams are typically 80–100 dB , the loudest recorded scream was heard at 121.7 dB in 1994. Keep reading to learn more about the screaming potential of humans and how long you can be exposed to a scream before experiencing hearing damage.”

Bastards.

9 Likes
8 Likes

The hell??

What were those sick bastards even testing for? :hushed:

4 Likes

Run away!

14 Likes

Hoping for a clear sky at sunset

Or I could wait 80,000 years.

8 Likes

Caught this last night on the phone camera. The sky was actually dark to the eye, just after sunset.

16 Likes

Wow, really hoping for clear skies, but it is not at all promising here.

7 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

ACCURATE

Also odd:
When I tryta post Stefon’s Accurate gif, tumblr gives me this:
when I tryta post Stefon's Accurate gif on tumblr, tumblr's powers what am give me this
It’s esp odd b/c I grabbed the image off fucking tumblr in the first place!

7 Likes

21 Likes

Technically quartz is semiconductor as fuck.

17 Likes

AWESOME

:metal::sunglasses:

11 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

jumps

7 Likes

Don’t ask me, dude, I don’t work here.