Odd Stuff (Part 5)

3 Likes

10 Likes

I know some poly people who would take that offer.

9 Likes

No No No GIF

9 Likes

That image reminds me of the way the woods used to hum with insect noise around dusk growing up. I always imagined a hoard like that rising up off the trees to hunt.

8 Likes

Yeah, just would not want to be in the middle of a swarm of mosquitoes, since they seem to love biting me…

Sloth Hanging GIF

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure my wife and our girlfriend would be down for this offer!

7 Likes

from

ETA:

There is too much here. It’s difficult to focus on any specific thing.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Talk about mixed messages, introducing the Santa Claus/ Playboy Playmate bus.

4 Likes

Wowzers.

And what does it say about me that what really caught my eye was the note in the lower-left corner stating “Research perfomed by an Aerospace Engineerer”?

4 Likes
People on Bluesky and Mastodon are fighting over how to bridge the two decentralized social networks, and whether there should even be a bridge at all. Behind the snarky [GitHub comments](https://github.com/snarfed/bridgy-fed/issues/835), these coding conflicts aren’t frivolous — in fact, they could shape the future of the internet.

Mastodon is the most established decentralized social app to date. Last year, Mastodon ballooned in size as people sought an alternative to Elon Musk’s Twitter, and now stands at 8.7 million users. Then Bluesky opened to the general public last week, adding 1.5 million users in a few days and bringing its total to 4.8 million users.

Bluesky is on the verge of federating its AT Protocol, meaning that anyone will be able to set up a server and make their own social network using the open source software; each individual server will be able to communicate with the others, requiring a user to have just one account across all the different social networks on the protocol. But Mastodon uses a different protocol called ActivityPub, meaning that Bluesky and Mastodon users cannot natively interact.

Turns out, some Mastodon users like it that way.

Software developer Ryan Barrett found this out the hard way when he set out to connect the AT Protocol and ActivityPub with a bridge called Bridgy Fed.

This is the funniest comment on the “github issues page” mentioned in the article.

3 Likes

Wait trans people are avoiding Bluesky? News to me. And like every trans person I know.

4 Likes

It says you are paying attention to jaw-dropping details. :flushed:

5 Likes

What about her boyfriends or girlfriends or his boyfriends? That offer is way too limited.

1 Like

TikTok - Make Your Day

For fuck’s sake how do I but that video here?

2 Likes

11 Likes

Good for her.

There’s no excuse for dropping a big public proposal on someone.

10 Likes

umm-change-of-plans-changes-3127754554-1

6 Likes

I think the key to big public proposals is making sure the other person is enthusiastic about saying yes and the public nature of it. This means communication beforehand.

It must have been really hard for her to say no. That’s so much pressure

13 Likes