Odd Stuff (Part 5)

5 Likes

15 Likes

Seen in the Scottish section of the supermarket:

Haggis-flavoured potato crisps. So far I’m resisting.

13 Likes

When you give in, I’d enjoy a review.

7 Likes

15 Likes
7 Likes

Thon crisps are braw!

3 Likes

I really want to taste that.

4 Likes

Police cars

11 Likes

You’ve got a couple of the old style packs there. They’ve recently changed the name:

And yes, they’re veg* friendly.

10 Likes

DX5i2nNBTvDQjLDDD9uZ4cGsILveWjS5M_vgrd-wLdI

10 Likes

Is that Lynn Ferguson’s brother? I need to relisten to Millport sometime.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is making the rounds and I had to share it somewhere. This seems as good a spot as any.

Ask a Manager: I was rejected because I told my interviewer I never make mistakes

A reader writes:

I was rejected from a role for not answering an interview question.

I had all the skills they asked for, and the recruiter and hiring manager loved me. (…)

(Not sure why this is not embedding.)

Choice reader comment: “This was a pretty catastrophic blunder for someone who never makes mistakes.”

13 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Breaking: Arrogant Ass fails to get job.
The only surprise to me was that he shared a story that paints him so awfully.
:person_shrugging:

7 Likes

I am told that these “advice” columns often accumulate various related questions into one scenario, and on occasion make up letters gasp

8 Likes

Possible but the tone of that letter was so consistently arrogant sexism that I’m inclined to think it’s true. The guy, because of course he was a guy, dripped condescension for every person who interviewed him. All of whom were women. If the boss boss had been a guy, he might not have dismissed her experience so easily. Men in tech fields are notorious for discounting the expertise of the women around them and particularly above them on the corporate ladder.

12 Likes

For what it’s worth, the AAM editor addresses this in an alert at the top of the comments section. Apparently many commenters think that this item is made up. I don’t think the AAM editors make up letters generally; in any case from the editor’s note it seems like if anyone made up the letter it was the submitter. Still a valid question! Poe’s law, and all that.

9 Likes