Odd Stuff (Part 5)

[…]
the award for the most creative interpretation of a 404 has to go to that most sober of publications, the Financial Times — well played.
[…]

El Reg is right, this is brilliant and can be put to good use elsewhere.

9 Likes
8 Likes

8 Likes

“his most successful song, reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1984[1] and No. 12 on the UK Singles Chart in 1985. The James Brown song “Living in America”, which Hartman co-wrote and produced, reached No. 4 on March 1, 1986”

He gets a free pass for Living in America alone.

Edit also:

“ Hartman was never married and had no children. He died on March 22, 1994, at his Westport, Connecticut, home from a brain tumor, at the age of 43.[1][96] A closeted gay man,[99][100][101] he was diagnosed with HIV in the late 1980s.[102] He kept his HIV status a secret and did not seek treatment,[103] even after friend and intermittent collaborator Holly Johnson (formerly of the band Frankie Goes to Hollywood) announced his own HIV status in 1991.[99] His remains were cremated; he was survived by both parents, his brother Dave, and sister Kathy.”
“ In honor of Pride Month 2021, Hiro Clark—in collaboration with Scissor Sistersmember Ana Matronic—launched the “Cowley Hartman Russell” T-shirt to honor Hartman and other legendary disco producers Patrick Cowley and Arthur Russell. "I

8 Likes

Might seem a bit childish at first but they’re handing things in a pretty mature way

14 Likes
5 Likes

10 Likes

i guess fart jokes have never not been funny. :person_facepalming:t2:

the oldest joke in recorded history – which dates back to the Sumerians in 1900 BC – was a fart joke: “Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.”

10 Likes

Smbc Dust in the wind

15 Likes

a fart joke: “Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.”

Wat!

Seems to me the offense goes in the other direction!*

Sucks I Love Lucy GIF by Paramount+

Well, at least initially.

6 Likes

This is probably the greatest German disco song about Genghis Khan from the 70’s.

:horse: :bow_and_arrow: :mongolia:

6 Likes

That’s giving off huge Boney M. “Rasputin” vibes, also from 1979.

9 Likes

Yay!!!

:smiley_cat:

14 Likes
9 Likes

Close, but Ralph Siegel has to face the music for this one, not usual suspect Frank Farian.

Anyway, László “Leslie” Mándoki is a competent musician, a decent chap from what I’ve heard and a successful producer in his own right.
The band sort of does and doesn’t still exist, it’s complicated.

11 Likes
13 Likes

Okay, these AI-generated images in my Facebook feed are getting scary.

8 Likes

National Beer Day 2024: Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell Cantina among spots with deals

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/national-beer-day-2024-buffalo-wild-wings-taco-bell-cantina-among-spots-with-deals/ar-BB1lanlF?ocid=AMZN

Happy National Beer Day!

12 Likes
10 Likes

It even has a theme song! :arrow_down:

episode 12 men GIF

6 Likes