Odd Stuff (Part 5)

I hear you, but what people ‘know’ in general might not be accurate, especially as it pertains to a particular hospital. I was postulating on an understandable reason why the incident happened, not saying it’s always the correct course of action.

Hopefully this story can be used to get the real info out there, that when it comes to snakes at least, they don’t need to be brought in to be identified.

3 Likes
9 Likes

The usual guidelines in Australia are different. Snakes and spiders should not be captured, medical services are able to identify the necessary information, getting bitten/stung again is best avoided.

5 Likes

Act Your Age Sarcasm GIF by Bounce

3 Likes

Watch out for the almost-free candy!

12 Likes

I should probably just let this grizzly go.

7 Likes

It’s mostly about snakes. And how it is always better not to be bitten in the first place.

7 Likes

The experience of leaving Australia and going to New Zealand is like leaving the U.S. and going to, say, Germany: there’s a dawning realization that you’re not taking your life in your hands every day. We swam amongst jellyfish that can kill you in 4 minutes, so snakes are just par for the course there!

6 Likes

13 Likes

There are cruises that circumnavigate Australia and New Zealand, and your comment is making me wonder how much can be seen from the deck, like this:

Season 3 Nbc GIF by Manifest

:thinking: After considering the cost of those cruises maybe that would look more like this:

Looking Bette Davis GIF by Maudit

12 Likes
11 Likes

bunjywunjy

why is the metal community so pressed abt this it’s literally hilarious. 10/10. love it. i want it.

15 Likes

755f259a-e15f-45a2-bf17-f4127b02aba8
More picsabd video on BBC.

“Our horses have all returned to Hyde Park Barracks and are undergoing veterinary care. Three soldiers are in hospital receiving treatment – their injuries are not deemed to be life threatening."

14 Likes

9 Likes

Why?

11 Likes

A real fireplace in a flashlight is a lot more dangerous than a simulated one? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Serious answer: Late stage capitalism.

6 Likes

Looks like the bougie version of this candle:

5 Likes

Forget it, Jake - it's the boingboingshop

16 Likes

Re: Phish in the Sphere

East Coast here, I’ve had three people absolutely rave about the show to me in the past four or five days.

It made an impression. Conversely I hardly heard about U2’s performance there from people. The press certainly but not “people”.

5 Likes

He should start with painting the Supreme Court in trans pride colors & putting public porta potty’s in the Justices’ parking spots.

13 Likes