Odd Stuff (Part 5)

7 Likes

I know someone who went to the U2 concert. I donā€™t think he cared about the venue, he was only there to see the band. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Wild animals are not your buddies or pets - outside of Disney films.

14 Likes

He, would have been the exact opposite for me.

4 Likes

9 Likes
7 Likes

Are selfies the bear necessities? Emergency rooms seem to be.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Would have been the exact opposite to both of you!
I wouldnā€™t have been there to not see the band nor see the venue.

5 Likes

Right? And youā€™re also saving a fuckton of money.

5 Likes

So much winning!

ETA, I just stuck Phish on to see what I was missingā€¦ā€¦ not religion or sex as I experience either anyway. Sorry comedian guy.

4 Likes

A Minnesota state senator is charged with burglary, accused of breaking into her stepmotherā€™s house to obtain her dadā€™s ashes

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/24/us/minnesota-state-senator-charged-break-in/index.html

11 Likes
6 Likes

And the people who say that hobbits are anarchists arenā€™t anarchists themselves. They are monarchists who want a king who will tell other people what they can do, but will leave them alone.

So pretty much the same as Republicans and Tories then.

6 Likes
11 Likes

The thing is, everything we know about the War of the Ring and the events leading up to it has been filtered through hobbits: stories by hobbits, compiled and edited by hobbits.

No Shoes Agency.

6 Likes

I used to have several roommates who were big Phish fans, luckily they like a large swathe of other music, as both Phish and the Dead make me do this:

Puppy Ugh GIF

And yes, I definitely listened to them both sober, and far from it.

6 Likes

I do remember listening to them doing the whole of remain in light live. I think it was okay but I never listened to it again. Unlike Angelique Kidjo.

I never listened to the Dead so everyone said Iā€™d love Dark Star so one time on holidays I listened to c.30 versions of it. I guess if I hadnā€™t listened to all the music I have from ecstatic jazz through fairly extreme avant garde it would have blown my mind but it was quite a bit late to that event.

5 Likes

I kind of want that to be in the far distant future, where weā€™ve gone extinct, and dogs are the main sentient creatures, and theyā€™ve only brought back the parts of human culture that are awesome.

8 Likes
12 Likes