Of course Mel Gibson would dramatically salute Donald Trump

giphy
Thank you.

ETA: He’s also a raging sexist asshole. We all know damn well he would never call a male cop “sugar dick.”

3 Likes

No No No GIF

We ask that anyone not be racist, not be an asshole. That’s the absolute lowest fucking bar. It’s everybody’s job to not be racist.

He’s done a good deal of dramatic work and comedy. He’s won an Oscar, Golden Globes, BAFTA, etc. Clearly enough folks thought so at the time.

I’m old enough to remember that for more than a decade everybody thought he was a great guy until he started showing us what a racist asshole he is.

BB has discussed this often enough, what with Cosby and others. A person can be highly skilled and still be a raging asshole.

I really don’t see how our “disappointment” is our responsibility. He’s the asshole.

11 Likes

That’s a new one on me.

That said, I agree with you; actors are just people too, and many times they are nothing like the beloved characters they play.

Still, it’s not at all unreasonable to expect them to behave like civil human beings.

(Also, I hear that Reeves is incredibly respectful and humble for a celeb, so it’s highly unfortunate that your coworkers didn’t handle that sitch better.)

That part.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.