Offal meat spill shuts down Australian highway

Haggis is off(al)ensive to me, though I’ve never actually tried it but I trust my intuition.

1 Like

the spill was made worse by the large amount of puke from the hiway people who had to respond

5 Likes

That would be a real hazard, given how slippery that would be, and because it’s the height of summer, the smell would quickly become unbearable (and follow every vehicle that went through the mess, as they got splashed with rotting entrails). It would basically be the most disgusting vehicle slip-n-slide ever (and I’m counting the great hagfish disaster of '17).

4 Likes

Something similar happened in Cincinnati at the I-74/I-75 junction. A truck took the turn too fast and tipped over spilling 67k gallons of animal fat all over the highway. They tried solvents. They shoveled. They scrubbed. They used high-pressure water hoses. Bupkis.

Then P&G was like, here’s 3 1/2 tons of Dawn dish detergent. The wreck happened on a Thursday. By Sunday, the ramp was reopened.

Dawn does actually take grease out of your way. That just any marketing BS.

5 Likes

The view from the truck is here (almost)

4 Likes

“Awful Knaufel shares cell with Evil Knievel” ← local hometown paper headline, and thus a whole generation of motorcycle jumpers and spandex suit wearers had an icon to follow.

1 Like

Yeah, my bus was in the opposite direction, but all of my buddies to the north had the same route. Going to Walmart took us right past it, though. Now there are wind turbines there, as well. I don’t know if that mitigates or exacerbates the situation. Tip: don’t move to the NW Missouri/Iowa border.

4 Likes

How tripe!

3 Likes

dude, you just woke up a memory from 60s-70s Texas. a friend of my father’s lived near the Ft Worth Stockyards back when the still rendered (before it went touristy). thanks for that :face_vomiting:
pee-yoo!

3 Likes

For once I can say that it took real guts to run that story.

2 Likes

I admit I’m an acquired taste.

2 Likes

Here’s where intestinal fortitude got put to the test.

1 Like

Offal!
How awful!

Which reminds me… haven’t fixed liver & onions in a while…
The last time, I had cats. They mistook me for a tree.

1 Like

The left lane of the M80 Boundary Road exit ramp has been CLOSED due to a truck spillage

That spill crossed the boundary of good taste.

1 Like

csi miami GIF

Yeah, but that was one hagfish.

Justin Bieber Slime GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

3 Likes

Just more tripe from the mainstream infotainment industry.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Back when I was still at school, and the mainline railway still ran steam locomotives, I used to go to the station to see the go through, and get a chance to get up on the footplate, directly opposite was a slaughterhouse, and you could always tell when the waste offal was being despatched - the smell was truly horrible, so I don’t even need to imagine what that spill smelt like!
A facemask smeared on the inside with a decongestant like Vick would probably be the answer.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.